Tips for mummies to be and new mums

very handy thread. keep em coming!

I know Im trespassing, but love reading others stories and tips!

Would be great if this thread was stickied....

xxx

Labour tips: -
My tip re. gas and air is if you've been using it for several hours, it can make you shake really violently and feel really cold so make sure you've got a blanket or something else to keep you warm, and take socks with you for the same reason.

If you can't use a birth pool but think you may want a bath, take some blu-tack to block up the overflow so you can fill the bath up more!!

I found aromatherapy and a good mix of mellow music helped me relax in the early stages - worth preparing a 'mix' of your favourites in advance!!

Rescue remedy is supposed to help keep your spirits up (I forgot to use mine so can't say whether it works or not) and arnica tablets are supposed to help with healing.

If you're staying in hospital take plenty of magazines / other stuff to read as it's really boring once baby's asleep if you can't sleep yourself.

Will post more when I think of things!!!

LBxx

littlebump said:
I found aromatherapy and a good mix of mellow music helped me relax in the early stages - worth preparing a 'mix' of your favourites in advance!!

Ive just had a flashback :shock:
I had my MP3 on and was high as a kite on pethidene and one of the songs said "Baby come up" and I woke up saying "NO go down" OH and MW didnt have a clue what I was on about :rotfl:

Minime said:
Ive just had a flashback :shock:
I had my MP3 on and was high as a kite on pethidene and one of the songs said "Baby come up" and I woke up saying "NO go down" OH and MW didnt have a clue what I was on about :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

TIPS FOR A SECTION
BIG KNICKERS especially if having a c-section make sure they come right up to your belly button otherwise they will catch on your wound and it hurts like hell :(

also use a hairdryer to dry your wound in first few weeks saves trying to do it with a towel and catching your stitches

make sure whoever is picking you up from hospital brings a pillow for you to hold on your tummy as travelling home by car after a section can be quite painful every turn or roundabout i was in a lot of pain wish id had a pillow to hold against it
xxxx

omg yes rach, thats a fantastic tip about the cushion - I cried on the way home from the hospital, i was in so much pain!!! :shock: :cry:

Practise putting your baby seat in and out of car!! It is fiddly and with a crying baby in it, it could be stressful!! You dont need to take the car seat into hospital on the day baby is coming home, leave it ready strapped in to car. A midwife will carry your baby to the car (you will be allowed to park right outside door to maternity unit) and they willput the baby on and make sure all the straps are secure etc before you head home.

I cried all the way home, sitting in the back looking at her, I was sooooo happy!! We had Ruby by the Kaiser Chiefs blaring out the CD player and OH was grinning like a fool!!! We must of looked like a right pair of muppets :rotfl:

thats so cute zoe!!!!
must admit, when i see pics of ur little gem i do start humming it haha! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back