Tips and advice for new mummies...

- I also agree that you should buy a range of sizes, Ella was 7lb13 and she was in newborn clothes for a good few weeks, if not months.
- Muslins are a godsend and so necessary with a sicky baby.
- If you bottle feed, never pay any attention to the feeding guidance on the tin, all babies are different and some will need more/less milk than others.
- If bottle feeding but bibs as babies tend to dribble when feeding.
- Don't buy too much bedding, we have loads of sheets and blankets that have never been used as Ella has been in a sleeping bag since she was a week old.
- On that note, try different things, Ella hated being swaddled, others love it.
- Take back clothes that you don't like/you have too many of, I really regret the amount that I gave to charity that she never wore,
- Buy LOADS of sleepsuits and vests.
- Buy those ice pack things in case you have stitches.
- More maternity pads and breast pads than you can ever imagine you will need! :rotfl:

Further down the line, remember that you know your baby best trust your judgement! n

keelie_b said:
xmcnickyx said:
Also - babygros with built in scratch mits. Not for scratches but to keep LO's hands warm at night. Get them from Next, Mothercare and Matalan. I love the Next ones, they're so cosy!

could not agree more!!!!! there was no way dylan could keep scratch mits on no matter how small or how we put them on. his little hands would freeze at night and he'd really claw at his face, built in scratch mits were fantastic, still appreciate them a month on :D

Yes totally agree. Sleepsuits with mittens built in were fantastic for us. Can be more expensive but are so worth it.

If anyone offers to help then say yes! Cooking, cleaning, washing, let anyone do whatever they offer too.
Enjoy every second cos they grow so fast.
Every baby is different so try not to be too planned or have pre-conceived ideas about what it will be like.
You can't have too many bibs!
Take loads of photos.
Only have visitors when you feel ready.

xx

Chelle said:
If anyone offers to help then say yes! Cooking, cleaning, washing, let anyone do whatever they offer too.

Yes this is the kind of help you need. A few of my relatives keep saying "anytime you need me to have the baby..." which is nice but not the kind of help I need.

Make sure when your visitors come round you don't end up handing them your baby and then running back to the kitchen making cups of tea the whole time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back