Time of day matter?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey, needing some OPK advice as Ive just started them. I have used them the last 3 days as I have been all over the place with my cycle due to m/c. Anyway thought I should be ov about now. Done the last 3 when I came home from work and there was no other line at all bar the reference. Got up this morning to a lot of ewcm so couldnt waut till tonight so poas and there is now a line. It is lighter than the reference line so know this isnt my surge but now Im wondering if I have been doing them at the wrong time.
Obviously I have no experience of them but did with my cbfm which says it should be the morning wee as it has the most whatever levels they are testing. So now have a couple of questions really.

How long does the line stay dark if your surging? (two days peak you see on my monitor!)
Can you miss the surge by hours ie. Mine was yesterday morning and I tested at night?
Also do they go no line, faint line, dark line, faint line, no line. Is it as logical as this?
Is there any chance of conception after the darkest line goes faint?

Im just used to my monitor which is low, high, peak, peak, high then low. Garbled message sorry. Hope someone can help. (im getting a little nuts)

OPKs never really worked for me but my cycles were all over the place. Remember being told when I asked that it was best to do OPK in the evening as opposed to HPTs in the morning cos the hormones are stronger then.

Unlike pregnancy tests, morning (first morning urine) is not the best time to collect samples for ovulation tests, as LH is synthesized in your body early in the morning and will not appear in your urine until the afternoon. The ideal time to test is in the afternoon, around 2pm, though testing may safely take place from 10am to early evening.

although, as with hpt's try not to drink too much for a couple hours beforehand to avoid diluting it too much

Hi Laura,

This is my first month of OPK'ing and i must say it has helped me a treat!!!!!
I thought i usually OV around day 12, but after using these I got my surge on /sunday evening (at about 6pm), this was day 15, did one in the morning and it had a faint line (as if the surge is nearing) but by 6pm it was a very dark line, so it just shows the difference between 10 hours. I bd'd in the morning and night just to make sure. I've done tests the days after and the line does fade until finally, today i hardly had one, which was two days after my dark line.

Make sure to test morning and night i recommend and good luck for your BFP!!!!!
xxx

This is my first month using them to :)

I normally followed a chart on a website that you just put the date of af in and it tells you that most fertile at day 14, so used to bd before than and never after.

But this month i oved at cd16 so i ment i still bd on cd 17 and 18 just to make sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back