Tightness

ERIN84

Reaction score
Since last night my stomach has been feeling VERY tight! I get the odd twinge in sides (both sides) and I have read i might have a water infection which makes sense as i felt like i was deperate for a wee earlier and when i got to the toliet a TINY but came out! has anyone else had these symptoms?

Should I go to my GP or mw? I have not had any problems so far so not had to ring my mw for anything. xxx

ive been getting tightness in the belly area an on my sides i think its normal to be uncomftable although im not sure bout the water infection as when i go im weein like a race horse lmao lolx

I had a thread about this somewhere - I had to go to the Maternity unit in the night on Friday due to tightenings, if its a water infection it can be your uterus contracting as it gets irritable, you will need to get your water tested asap as you will need anti-biotics if you do have one. Get to your a&e in the morning and ask then to test your water or ring your community midwife and they will organise it xx

i was having these symtoms last week or maybe the week before, i was convinced i had an infection...i went to see my GP TWICE!! I had two samples sent off plus a swab which of course they all came back clear.
In the end i was told its the pressure of the baby. :oops: I was shocked because im not really too far along but i best believe them. :lol:

I would go to the docs just to be sure if you think its an infection, better be safe. :)

I thought about you rosies mummy because i remember you having tightenings. I will ring mw in morning and if she cant do anything I will nip to a&e and ask them to test my waters as u say. I will feel really stupid if everything is fine but i guess its better to be safe x

Thats good, dont leave it - I ended up in hospital last time at 34 weeks with threatened pre term labour; plus if it is a water infec then it could travel up to your kidneys which is bad - you can have a water infec with no symptoms - this is the second one I have had without symptoms. Good luck, let us know eh?xx

yep, will do. thanks. god im going to sound so thick here but i have never had to ring my mw before. Cant see a number on my hand held notes. there is a sticker on the inside page that says "messages 9-5 mon - fri" then a number, do you reckon thats it? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back