Waterworks

Emma58

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether to make a GP/Midwife appointment as lately I have been needing to wee a lot, there doesn't seem to be any pain when I go for a wee and occasionally - especially in a morning it's very dark.
I also keep feeling a slight tightening in my stomach when i am desperate to go but also bub is wriggling around lots which feels like he's pulling inside my tum (sorry if that doesn't make sense).
Could I have a water infection or is this normal?

I'm not sure Emma but would also be interested in any responses as this "tightening" you talk of I get too. First thing in the morning I am desperate to go and it almost hurts - but not like cystitis hurts (I;ve had that several times before and believe me you'd know if you had it!)

Might be best to get checked out anyway? xxx

Mmm it's not like Cystitis I don't get any burning or anything it's almost like if I have been holding going to the loo my lower part of my stomach feels 'tight' or it feels as though it is tensing up.
I only really noticed this yesterday afternoon and this afternoon.

Not sure whether its SPD related as well because the tightening and achy feeling is just above my pubic bone, and tight and my hips and back are a bit achy too.

I sometimes get the tightening too. I thought it was probably just my bladder getting squashed when it's full :think:

:think: I wonder if it is a squashed bladder :think:

I don' t think I have a water infection, it just worried me because I got this tightening feeling when i'm desperate to go. Sounds like a lot of us get it.

Weird :shock:

I get this too when i hold it for to long its like my bladder wants to explode but i cant seem to wee quick enough if that makes sense.

hello
i get that too, ive had a kidney inf too so i know what they feel like but best to be on safe side and get checked outxx

I have similar re the needing to wee and my MW told it it was probably because baby was squishing my bladder a bit.

If you are worried about your urine it would be worth getting it tested. Go see your GP about it and put your mind at rest. Take a sample with you if you can, if not you'll have to go back with one.

It sounds like it is pretty common, I might ring docs in morning and explain to the receptionist (cos i'll get interrogated as to why I want to see a doctor!) and ask if i can go in with a water sample and have it checked.
I'm seeing the midwife next week on the 27th but that is a while to wait is suppose.

I am no doc, so I am not sure, but I do get an uncomfortable pain (not really bad though) when my bladder is really full. I just assumed it was the baby squashing it.

i get two types of needing a wee lol

1 , when its full , and i just get that need a wee feeling

2 , when he lays / kicks does what ever to my bladder , it hurts and feels like i aint gonna the loo even if i went 2 mins ago , i can now tell the difference and if its a baby laying on bladder time i know i aint gotta rush and sometimes the feeling passes as soon as he moves

but it does proper hurt ! and i get the tightening too !

I'm Ok today, its really weird i only seem to notice the tightening in an afternoon. I don't think it's been helping that i've been sitting on the settee with my legs curled up under me relaxing in an afternoon. That could be why.
I feel a bit better knowing everyone else seems to get the tightening feeling when they need to wee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back