Throughly hacked off - spotting?

lillie

Reaction score
Hi girls - I'm looking for some reassurance and / or advice here!

I found out I was pregnant again last week, so I'm hardly into it really, my period should have come last Friday. Anyway, I woke up this morning and after having yet another wee there was a dark brown discharge, much like when I had a bleed in my previous pregnancy.

I'm not upset about this yet, but bloody livid. Surely I cannot be having another m/c? I only just got over the last one.

I also have lower back ache and nausea. Have you girls had this at all? I'm SO ANGRY, angry like someone has mugged me or something! :wall2:

Do I call the doctor? or wait it out and see what happens over the next few days?

hi lillie, i really do hope its nothin to worry about for u, i know in some women its common at the early stages. i had this too, unfortunately for me i have just been told its not a viable pregnancy, and i had an ectopic in march. i am angry too so i know how u feel, i feel like i could really go for someone! i keep my fingers crossed for u. i would go straight to epu, they seen me straight away because i had ep in march. i was 5 weeks pregnant. xxx

Oh Lillie, try to keep positive, you can get spotting throughtout pregnancy with no bad reason, but as you had this last time, youwill be worried naturally. I am still having this , had it for 3 days at 4 weeks , and then had it for 7 days now, and off to docs in a mo to ask some questions about spotting etc, and will let you know what she says as it may help you too.

Hope it eases soon, and if you get for a couple of days, or get any pain , I would say go to docs to talk it throu more.

Try not to worry too much, easier said than done I know but I started bleeding (brown) at 7 weeks and still am now at 11. It does get annoying especially when you've had previous miscarriages and everything makes you worry. I hope everything settles down for you and all is well x x

Try not to worry too much hun (easier said than done I know) x

Thanks girls, I'm calming down a bit

Sorry to hear your news kazimotto and JJ - good luck - let me know what the advice is.

I just phoned the duty doctor for a chat. He was very supportive, and told me that I should take serial pregnancy tests over the next week if I continue to bleed lightly, and monitor whether the line fades, then I should make an appointment and get my HCG levels measured. If I stop bleeding (god, fingers crossed) everything should be fine but I can have an early scan.

Just need to see how it goes. This is not what I had planned, thought my bad luck was out of the way.

Sorry Lillie, docs didn't really offer any advice on spotting afterall, she said it was so common, and some are fine and some are not , that's a good idea with the preg tests tho, fingers crossed for you X

I had spotting at 5 weeks and again at 8 weeks and am now 13 weeks, had scan last week and all is fine with baby. Take them up on the early scan option if you can. Good luck, hoping for a sticky baby for you.

I don't have any news on the spotting but just wanted to say, we are both due on the same date woohoo! WIshing you a great pregnancy! xxx

How are things now Lillie, has the spotting stopped? JJ X

Thanks all. The spotting has stopped and I took another pregnancy test which came up darker than all the others. I'll do another on the weekend to be sure, but I'm trying to be optimistic and think that all is fine. I'm going for that early scan without a doubt though....

Helen - I also noticed we are due on the same day, lots of luck to you too - I wonder who will pop first!

Thanks all. The spotting has stopped and I took another pregnancy test which came up darker than all the others. I'll do another on the weekend to be sure, but I'm trying to be optimistic and think that all is fine. I'm going for that early scan without a doubt thougth

Oh I am pleased for you Lillie, that's a great sign, I did the same to check hormones looking good, makes you feel better seeing that dark line, yes def push for the early scan after last time x

Yay glad test is darker and it's stopped!!! Hope you doing well hun!!!! X x x x

Cant believe that the spotting has started up again almost a week later. Once again its dark brown and not much of it. We did BD last night for the first time since the last spotting, and I wonder if that has started it off again? I'll feel really guilty if it is.

I'm 4 weeks and 3 days (by my own probably rubbish calculations) so I know its far too early for a scan. Should I go and see my doctor and try to line one up now? I cant rely on on the HCG tests after last time (they indicated all was well but at 12 week scan I found the baby had died at 5 - 6 weeks)

I did a pregnancy test yesterday which had a strong dark line so I guess it isnt all over until that changes or I stat to bleed properly, but by god its so stressful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back