thought i should update everyone

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
well still no baby YET :)
had a phonecall sunday can i go in today to be induced instead of tomorrow well i woke up today feeling a bit "odd" dint think anything of it really put it down to nerves.
so we get to the hospital to be told because of the huge gap in my 2 edd (a week apart) i can still have the induction if i want but it proberly wont work due to me not being ready or i can have another sweep and wait a few days then go back in at the weekend to be induced.
they explained that the induction isnt always plain sailing and i could be sitting around 8-10 hours waiting for something to happen it can take up to 5 days to have your baby :shock: :shock:
well after chatting with hubby i said i think we should give the sweep a go as i had been sat there having strong bh for the past hour every 5 mins he got quite excited and said ok we will go with the sweep then if it doesnt work come in friday morning for the induction.
so midwife came back and i let her know about the bh she said ok we will strap you to a monitor to check baby is ok aswell while we are here in 25 mins i had 7 very strong contractions and she said baby could well be here by toorrow i can have the sweep to help it along and to go home walk/drink r.leaf tea and have warm baths.
so im now sat at home in agony with every contaction thankfully they are alot more apart at the minute every 10 mins but alot more painfull.
not sure if iom still going to have my homebirth r not im going to see how it goes :)
so finaly some good news from me thanks everyone for being understanding and everything :hug:
oh and gas and air is really good stuff i had a little try on it when she did the sweep makes you feel really really drunk :twisted: :twisted:
thanks again everyone and congrats to all thats had there babies while ive been away
manda xx

Good luck manda! Hope your little lad will be here for you tomorrow then xxxxxxxxx

Great news manda, sounds like things are finally starting to happen naturally :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thinking of you and hope you're holding your little one very soon! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww sounds like good news manda :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Glad to hear you sound a bit happier today also :) Have been thinking of you.

And fingers crossed you get your homebirth. Hang in there if you feel happy to try for it and its all going well :)

Good luck and hopefully next time we hear from you you'll be a Mummy :cheer: :cheer:

:pray: :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's brilliant news Manda, I'm so pleased things are finally happening for you at last :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's great news manda-sounds like you Lo will be hear soon.
Good luck. :hug:

That is fantastic news. Am so happy for you and hubby Manda.

I look forward to hearing about the birth of your boy! :hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

good luck hunny hope you can have your home birth!!!
glad things are looking up for you Manda :dance:
:hug: sarah

Some good news at long last :cheer: :cheer: Hope baby is here by tomorrow

that's wonderful news Amanda, i hope it all goes well from now on.

sandi

Woohoo! The pain train finally stopped at your station!

Best wishes hun :hug:

Very best of luck hun - sounds like your little man will be here very soon :hug:

Good Luck hun!! Can't be much longer now!!! :D

manda224 said:
well still no baby YET :)
had a phonecall sunday can i go in today to be induced instead of tomorrow well i woke up today feeling a bit "odd" dint think anything of it really put it down to nerves.
so we get to the hospital to be told because of the huge gap in my 2 edd (a week apart) i can still have the induction if i want but it proberly wont work due to me not being ready or i can have another sweep and wait a few days then go back in at the weekend to be induced.
they explained that the induction isnt always plain sailing and i could be sitting around 8-10 hours waiting for something to happen it can take up to 5 days to have your baby :shock: :shock:
well after chatting with hubby i said i think we should give the sweep a go as i had been sat there having strong bh for the past hour every 5 mins he got quite excited and said ok we will go with the sweep then if it doesnt work come in friday morning for the induction.
so midwife came back and i let her know about the bh she said ok we will strap you to a monitor to check baby is ok aswell while we are here in 25 mins i had 7 very strong contractions and she said baby could well be here by toorrow i can have the sweep to help it along and to go home walk/drink r.leaf tea and have warm baths.
so im now sat at home in agony with every contaction thankfully they are alot more apart at the minute every 10 mins but alot more painfull.
not sure if iom still going to have my homebirth r not im going to see how it goes :)
so finaly some good news from me thanks everyone for being understanding and everything :hug:
oh and gas and air is really good stuff i had a little try on it when she did the sweep makes you feel really really drunk :twisted: :twisted:
thanks again everyone and congrats to all thats had there babies while ive been away
manda xx

-----UPDATE----
contractions are really painfull and im having lots of them with hardly any rest need tro keep them going like this for an hour before ringing the hospital have just sent hubby to tesco for some paracetamol see if that takes the edge off :)
contraction master is timing them like this

03:55:44 pm 03:56:47 pm 1 mins, 3 secs 2 mins, 51 secs
03:52:53 pm 03:53:44 pm 51 secs 3 mins, 8 secs
03:49:44 pm 03:50:38 pm 54 secs 3 mins, 17 secs
03:46:27 pm 03:47:29 pm 1 mins, 2 secs 3 mins, 42 secs
03:42:45 pm 03:43:46 pm 1 mins, 1 secs 3 mins, 25 secs
03:39:19 pm 03:40:09 pm 49 secs 3 mins, 2 secs
03:36:17 pm 03:37:00 pm 43 secs 2 mins, 52 secs
03:33:25 pm 03:34:23 pm 57 secs 3 mins, 39 secs
03:29:45 pm 03:30:40 pm 55 secs 2 mins, 45 secs
03:27:00 pm 03:28:03 pm 1 mins, 3 secs 4 mins, 16 secs
03:22:43 pm 03:23:23 pm 39 secs

messed the first one up lol it was 10 seconds longer but i dint hit space properly haha
will update as much as i can
thanks everyone
manda xx

Fab news!

Enjoy your ride on the pain train Manda and soon you'll have your baby boy in your arms! It's all worth it :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back