Those weighing machines in Boots...

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
You know the ones that measure your height, weight, body fat etc?

I did mine tonight and it got my height totally wrong, it said Im 5ft5 but Im actually 5ft7. Therefore it got my ideal weight range wrong too :roll:

Have they been wrong for anyone else? My weight is less than what it says on my home scales though so Im gonna believe that :lol:

x-kirsty-x said:
My weight is less than what it says on my home scales though so Im gonna believe that :lol:

Every cloud has a silver lining :)

I think I was about 17 when I last weighed myself in Boots, so can't help with your question.....sorry chick :wink:

I always find it makes me 2lb heavier than the scales I used in a different boots that wasnt the fancy ones.

I've heard people say their scales are not accurate and very different one day to the next. (lady who was in there once when I was- wonder how often she goes on them to know that, lol bold)

The ideal weight recommendations are a bit wrong, if you put that you are a small build, it wants you to weigh the same as posh spice or something :lol:

cor i wuldnt get on scales in public haha

My DH has used them and it gets his height wrong too

last week on them i was 5"10 week before 5ft8 and today i was 6ft1

there tarded.

Dont go off their bmi thingy, get in ur WW resources.

;)

Last week I was 5ft5 and today I was 5ft6.

Im actually 5ft7 :lol:

Yes they are rubbish. Im 5'6 and they put me down as 5'4. rubbish i tell you RUBBISH! :wall:

I've never had problems with them and quite liked using them when I used to. Never messed up my height as you imput the details yourself.

OMG I HOPE THEY ARE WRONG!!

i bought a salters scale and body fat measurer few weeks ago but my boyf made me return it coz it was £30 ( :roll: )

that measured me at 8st 8lb and 22% fat, which aint too bad.

boots today put me as 8st 11 and 32% fat!! :(

dont mind too much the weight but the fat percentage is terrible that puts me in the obese category, even tho my bmi is only 21 :?

poos!

trixipaws said:

i bought a salters scale and body fat measurer few weeks ago but my boyf made me return it coz it was £30 ( :roll: )

dont mind too much the weight but the fat percentage is terrible that puts me in the obese category, even tho my bmi is only 21 :?

poos!

That DEFO cant be right..

dont wrory hun :)

lozzi said:
trixipaws said:

poos!

yay u sound sure, do u kno about stuff like this? is it impossible to be 32% fat? please tell me it is!

trixipaws said:
lozzi said:
trixipaws said:

poos!

yay u sound sure, do u kno about stuff like this? is it impossible to be 32% fat? please tell me it is!

Ive seen photos of you fairly recent on forum... and your very slim.....

22% sounds more realistic.....

Try another one tomorrow perhaps?

and even if it was right, 32% isnt that bad for someone of your age:

bodyfatb.jpg

But that aside, your not32% ;)

most body fat measurers are wrong. When i had a personal trainer (years ago, you would never know it now :oops: ) he did all sorts of tests for body fat. He said the machines are rubbish. I think you have to spend lots to get a decent pair of scales.

I remember boots machine measuring me at all sorts of different rates. It depended on how much i was wearing and how much water i'd had that day!!

I go on how many inches i measure and how tight my clothes are rather than weight etc as muscle weighs more than fat and it depends how much you have drunk that day :D

thank fuck for that! lol.
i panicked then, coz i kno it is possible to be thin but still obese i saw it on a programme once this woman was a size 8 but had hardly any muscle all her flesh was fat and she was obese- was worried!

trixipaws said:
thank f**k for that! lol.
i panicked then, coz i kno it is possible to be thin but still obese i saw it on a programme once this woman was a size 8 but had hardly any muscle all her flesh was fat and she was obese- was worried!

:shock: wish i'd seen it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back