Thoroughly p***ed off

valleygirl24

Reaction score
After having contractions every ten minutes last night i went to bed and spent most of the night awake, by half 2 they were every 3-5min so i took paracetamol and got in the bath. Ian rang delivery ward who said to go in. Got there about 4.45 and was checked over, told I was 100% effaced and 4cm dilated. Only problem was babys head wasnt engaged so was told to get on a birthing ball and bounce for a while.
At 7am there was a change of staff and I was seen for a 'progress check' by another midwife who told me I was 3cm dilated if that, cervix was still thick (1.5cm according to her report) and wasnt in labour so no need to be on the ward. They offered to admit me to another ward or let me home but I was starving and hot so decided to come home.
A number midwives in and out of the room reckoned I was coping and the 1st one who checked me told Ian and Mam she thought it was a false alarm as I was able to talk through contractions - then she examined me and changed her mind!

Im now tired, p'd off and in pain, the past two have been intense and 6 mins apart, they have said to ring and go back in if waters break or contractions get worse but Im not going in to be seen by the same person and sent home again

O dear poor you i do hope it goes fast for you and soon you will have your little baby in your arms :hug: :hug:

awh sorry to hear this hunni!!! I hope baby makes a show soon!! Keep smiling

xxx

Aww poor you! what a dissappointment, am sure baby will come soon xxxx

What a pain - but hopefully not long now :hug:

hey hun..good luck for the birth whenever that may be lol bless. Shouldnt be much longer now :hug: :hug:

Hope it gets going properly for you really soon Nicola :hug:

Awhh what a pain! :( Hope baby decides to show up soon hun :hug:

Grrr how frustrating :evil: :hug:
I really hope things get going for you quickly hun :hug:

That's so frustrating.

Hope baby gets a move on for you

Huge hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Still here, without baby

Im still here without the baby unfortunately. At 7.30pm yesterday I went into hospital in tears from the pains I was getting and tiredness and told that there was progression, baby was now 4/5th engaged (was previously 3/5th according to 1st midwife and 'free' according to the 2nd) but still not over 3cm. I was told I could be admitted to the ward but Ian and mam would be sent home or I could come home, have painkillers, a bath and try sleeping, she told me I couldve had codydramol if I stayed (had taken paracetamol too close to going in to have them immediately) but if I was in pain and unable to sleep I could return, be admitted and given pethidine. The pains last night werent contractions (even though there was a pattern to them) but they were effacement pains and they are what Ive been having all of today.
I doubt baby is going to turn up of its own accord, and I'll be needing Tuesday's induction but that could still take a few days before baby arrives

Im now about to get back onto a gymball I borrowed from a friend of mine, but sitting on it makes it really painful to get up and makes me feel like I need a pee (fed up with that feeling as well, if I walk up the stairs once, I walk up there 100 times!!!)

awww god sweetie, this must be awful for you, really hope things start happening for u really soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww sounds like baby likes her/his home to much. Hope its over soon :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope things get moving for you soon.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Grace xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members