This is going to sound like a stupid question....

babyblonde

Reaction score
....but then when do I ever ask anything sensible!

As you probably know by now we had a m/c at 5 weeks this month (not going to say any more about it) - but obviously this has affected my cycle as AF arrived later than it should have done.

Sooooooo....here is my question. I get that you always count from the first day of AF - BUT - my AF normally only lasts about 3 days and this time the bleeding lasted 5 or 6 days (although very light for the last few). So does the fact I bled for longer change when I am likely to ov - or is it dependent on the starting of bleeding only?

Realise I probably sound like a complete Noreen the Numpty but please indulge me!

I didn't want to read and run, but I don't really know to be honest hun. My best advice-not that I have any real good advice to give-may be to try those ovulation predictor sticks, and see how you get on.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Bex, I dont know :? Id say it was from the start of your bleeding, but not 100% sure hun.

I don't think it depends on how long you bleed for, cos some people actually ovulate before they have properly finished their period, while they are still spotting. :hug:

It's actually quite reassuring that other people don't know!!!

We don't want to go down the route of OPKs quite yet as we've only actually been trying a couple of months - just trying to vaguely get a handle on the whole cycle thing!

Thanks Cori - I figured that it shouldn't really matter how long you bleed for but wasn't sure!

I would imagine that maybe this cycle will be a bit unusual for you, maybe you will ov earlier or later than usual, it's really hard to tell. I guess all you can do is get bd'ing and hope for the best :wink:

We're doing the every other day thing - which hubby is loving cos he knows which days he is on a promise :lol:

I came home today to "Is it sex day today?" :rotfl:

I wouldn't know. I honestly have no idea when I ovulated this month as I had a m/c then fell straight away again. I would imagine, as people say, that a longer AF doesn't affect ovulation but seeing as your last AF was a m/c too I don't know if maybe waiting for the hCG to subside could delay ovulation?

It's a bit of a grey area!

becasue you had a mc this cycle should be like your normal cycle (in theory) well thats what my docs said :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back