Thirsty at night

peanut1982

Reaction score
Anyone else feeling unusually thirsty at night? I've been like this for weeks now and wondered if it was pregnancy related, waking up parched every couple of hours. No matter how much I drink before bed or during the night I still keep waking up every couple of hours desperate for water. Only seem to have my one pee trip at 4am regardless of what I drink too. :roll:

O my days the exact same thing! I'm up at 1.30 trying to drink wateva i can, and my mouth and lips are always dry. But i am peeing more tho

I'm usually thirsty when I go to bed but that's because I've tried not to drink too much in the evenings to see if I can reduce the trips to the loo.... it didn't work!! :?

Ive been the same through out my pregnancy, I take a 1.5L of water up with me every night and its finished by the morning.
and regardless if i drink or not at night, im up 3 or 4 am to pee, so make no difference.

At least its a good sign hun, and baby will be getting enough fluids

louxlouxbellex said:
I'm thirsty constantly! More so at night though!

Im exactly the same!! Oh gosh Im so thirsy now! I just drank a big glass of orange juice and need about another 10 litres lol!! haha

Thanks girls, was worrying it was a sign of gestational diabetes or something. So glad to hear it's quite a normal symptom! Last night I was waking every half hour needing more water, guess it's good practice for all night feeds! :lol:
Take care,
S xx

I am thirsty... and sooooooooooo hungry!

My bedside table looks like a confectionery counter with all the nibbles, biscuits, drinks I have put there!! My OH is using it as an excuse to have some on his side as well!!!

Div Girl

Me, me, me!!! I am so thirsty at night. Can't seem to take a big enough glass of water to bed with me!

Me too, I'm very thirsty, I take a pint glass of water to bed with me everynight and its nearly finished by morning. :roll:

I'm pretty much used to waking up dehydrated with a headache every morning :roll: and like you say - doesn't matter how much I drink :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back