Thinking of hiring an nanny

Titch85

Reaction score
A nanny is different to a babysitter.

I am a nanny, I'll help if I can?

What is the difference between a nanny and a childminder?

Is it purely that the nanny comes to your home and works with your child / children? Whereas a childminder has several kiddies at their home?

xxxxxxx

A babysitter just takes care of the children, doesn't have to be qualified and is usually a cash on the side job.

A nanny is employed by you and works in your home, should be qualified, and usually does stuff around the house aswell as full child care.

A childminder is self employed and works in her own home, has to be OFSTED registered and usually has a few children from different families.

Last edited:
I am also a nanny. What i would say is look for good references and if you find the nanny through an agency they will have met the nanny beforehand.
Also u will hopefully know when u find the right person due to how u feel around them, first impressions, etc xxx

We're doing the same.
We weren't happy with any of the locationally useful nurseries, so we've opted for a childminder instead.

This is a cracking website (the app is rely good, too) http://www.childcare.co.uk/

Good luck xx

I employ a nanny, she gets paid through my company payroll, has a contract of employment and all usual employee benefits. she looks after my girls and does light house keeping duties such as ironing, laundry, cleaning, tidying etc. I got her through an agency and instantly clicked with her upon first meeting xx

I was a nursery nurse for 8 years and I've been a nanny for 18 months. No I've never been monitored, and although I've got nothing to hide, I would feel that I am not trusted.[/QUOT

I can see that you are an experienced nanny. Same feeling to me if i was monitored.However, we can often hear the news about nanny abuse child, so it make me nervous.

You only hear the bad stories in the press, for every bad nanny there's probably 20 good ones.

The same thing happens with nurseries and care homes. Unfortunately ones that do everything right don't make sensational headlines, so u only ever hear horror stories that really represent a small minority. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back