Think I might have heard baby!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Trying not to get excited but the Doppler came today and I think I heard the baby but not sure as my own heart is quite quick and it's a long time since I had my daughter but it did remind me of that sound.

Only thing that's a bit confusing is I could hear the same noise on both sides but not in middle, just around my pubic bone, could this just be my arteries pumping blood through? It was very quick, tried to count but it seemed to merge and so couldn't really count it! I put it on my heart and was a totally different noise. Was exciting anyway! Might try again later when I've been resting see if the noise still as quick.

Last edited:
Sounds like you may have caught your blood flow if you got the same noise on both sides hunny. Baby sounds like either a train or galloping horse.
Please try and not use it too much as it can irritate some babys, dont want to dampen your excitement just wasnt sure whether you knew x x

I think its too early for you to pick up heartbeat - normally 13 weeks onwards. My midwife could not find mine at 16 weeks at all..... I know its hard but looks like youre gonna have to wait a bit, think you just picked up your own blood flow....

It is possible to hear it this early but everyone is different hunny, i agree with Tracey though, its best to wait x x

I'll maybe give it a couple of weeks before trying again then, it probably was my blood flow! Not heard about irritating baby before, glad you mentioned that!

its not to early to hear it for some i found this 1 at around 9 weeks :) but i had a really good doppler

I thought I'd found it and was letting hubby and brother listen to "baby's heartbeat" for a couple of weeks til I actually found it and realised we'd all just been listening to mine before then :rofl: Anyway, if you're counting, baby should be around 130 bpm-ish and yours maybe 80 bpm-ish so you should be able to work out which you've found.

I'm pretty sure it was my blood flow, although it was a lot quicker than I thought, sounded like I'd been at the gym!

I thought i heard it too, had the same sound on each side but then worked out it was my blood flow. then on Saturday i was fiddling again and heard actual baby. Sounded like a train and in was in the middle. really had to anget the perfect angle. its really different from the bloodflow sound so you'll defo know it when you hear it.

sounds like it was urs hun, ive got a doppler only used it a couple of times but knew was i was lsitening for from last pregnancy, you'll find its more it the middle and close to ur public bone (if not slightly under it\0 as baby hasnt yet moved up into the belly region.

i find i found it better when i went to bed and lay still for bout 20 mins (try listening to music so u dont get bored) then used a good blob of gel but u have to move it very slowly about as u can miss it quite quickly.

u will know for a fact when u pic it up as its ALOT fast and sounds very different - hard to explain

Thanks everyone, Think I'll try again on the weekend when I'll be past the 9 week point and my hubby will be home to listen in too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back