That magic sound!

I hired a doppler the other day from www.mybump.com and it arrived today! At only 10 weeks and 1 day I heard my babies heart beating for the very first time!!! :D it was the most amazing thing I have ever heard. I know it's silly but it's the most reassuring swishing noise I've heard in my life.

I am a happy happy woman :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

awww thats great :)

im getting worried now, i brought one ages ago and i still havnt been able to find my babys heart beat

thats fantastic!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

it sounds like you have really turned a corner from all that worry a couple of weeks ago.

i have absolutely everything crossed for you. :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

How much do they cost to hire?

Sami

Thats fantastic news!!!!

Layla..Dont panic cos the midwife couldnt find mine at 16 weeks and yet a week later she found it straight away. When the baby is lying so deep in your uterus its very difficult to find.

There was a posting on here a while ago from a Midwife saying that even they find it hard until after 15 weeks. So honestly dont panic.

Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh I'm chuffed you got one from there aswell, we should start getting a forum discount ;)

Prices are on their website www.mybump.com

I use mine each night before I go to sleep for a minute to connect with the baby, it's my bonding time. It's really cute when you hear them kick and move aswell. Can't wait til I can actually feel it, but until then the Doppler comes in really handy :D

Rosie..

The Link dosnt work???? Was going to have a look.

Ragna xxxxxx

They are £24.95 a month to hire (can hire as long as u want) and after 7 months if u hire continuaously the doppler is yours. Plus postage for delivery which is about £6.50 (but well worth it when u want it to arrive 2 days later!).

Layla - what type of doppler do you have? Some pick up babies heart beats quiker than others. The one I hired is a medical grade one. But then sometimes I find the baby very very easily - and other times I can't find him (or her) at all! It is still very tiny so can sink low under my pubic bone which is difficult to then find! Most of the time he/she is sitting quite high up out of the bone though.

http://www.mybump.com/

Maybe that will work?

They are very very much worth the hire cost. I am taking it on holiday with me when I fly - that way I can check the baby is okie (given all the problems). Roll on dating scan next Tuesday!!! :D

The Hi-Bebe ones do tend to take longer to pick up babies sounds so don't panic!! Not sure why that is - may be the pulse it sends out and how deep it can send it out? Your baby will still be sitting very low down and sound can't travel round corners. my doppler travels deep so at an angel I can get the baby, but then sometimes i can't. Try again but use the doppler very slowly over you - plus, baby will be swimming about in there don't forget!

with your one, do you need to send it back or do they come to get it from you?

You send it back - but the postage should only be what recorded delivery is in UK. You have one calander month from the day you receive it. They are very very well worth the money I think. Maybe if you want that reassurance quicker you coudl hire it just for a month until you Hi-bebe one can pick up the sound?

I just orderd one!

I really hope it can pick it up, im worried so much thatr there is something wrong, my scan is a week friday but i cant wait that long to find out!

where abouts on your tummy do you hear the heartbeat, side, front?

I find mine the easiest just above my pubic line (but then I could be hairier/less hairier :lol: ) pretty much right in the middle of my tum. Use lots of gel your first time and move it around very slowly, I press down a little bit but DH tells me off for doing that :roll:

I found it first to left left - then in the middle - then to the right!!! it's a mover lol. :lol: At 10 weeks I find it easiest by holding the doppler just on the pubic bone at the top and slowly tilting it and moving it up and down and side to side. usually at this time it's fairly near your bone. Later on it gets higher and higher.

i press down a bit too but to angle it and hear it right it's the only way! baby is well cushioned so it won't hurt it :)

yay i got the doppler this morning and heard Coby's heartbeat, im so chuffed :D

Awww well done I'm pleased for you - it's so fast isn't it! Think I worked out my baby has a pulse rate of about 168 BPM!!! Crazy :D

dont they say anything over 140 is a girl?

Not sure. Mine was 144 and I am convinced it's a boy..... :D

Under 6 weeks now til I find out for sure (fingers crossed it hasn't got it's legs crossed!)

Y eah they do say that but i don't know at what gestation that is at? Do babies heart rates start to get slower the nearer they are to being born? I think I am having a boy for some reason (maybe the long hisotry of boys in OH's family) but would kind of like to know now!! A lot is pointing towards a girl. Oh I still have 30 weeks till I know!!!! :x :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back