They never told me that....

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Ok, I want to know, what is going to happen to me in a couple of months.
There was a great post on here a while ago, called what they don't tell you in the movies. It's kind of like that.

I am the first of my friends to get pregnant, so I don't have anyone to turn to and say, they never told me that was going to happen.

So ladies that are going through it, or if you already have had a baby. Hit it to me. I am going to ask questions, and if someone can give me an answer that would be lush. (Please don't look at some of them, and think, Is she thick, I just have never been through this before, and I haven't a clue!)

I don't get why some girls have put about changing pads later on in their pregnancy? - What pad, why do you need these pads??? - Am I going to wet myself?

Boobies leaking - What, when does this happen. Can I stop it? - What do I do?

Even if I haven't asked it, and you think, well no one told me that I wish I had known, please add this below, as I want to know before it happens and I don't have a clue.

lol pads are usually sanitary pads or the tena things i think so your undies dont get covered in discharge as some women produce large amounts of creamy discharge during pregnancy, also later on you could wet yourself slightly due to the amount of pressure on your bladder towards the end as baby gets big.
the leaking nipples are your boobs starting to produce milk for baby. no you cant stop it and you can just buy breast pads for it so u dont soak your bra. if you dont want to BF after giving birth i got told that a mw recommended someone to put a tight bra on for a few days without taking it off to help stop milk production.

dont you worry we are here to help you answer them.

ok the pads ladies are talking about are the pads you use in your periods becuase you get excess discharge in pregnancy and some women get it that bad they like to use a pad so keep clean.

leaky boobies everyone gets some before they have the baby but everyone i assume after for sure. ive never leaked before having the baby but some of the ladies on here have done, after you have the baby until it dries up you will leak some like i did but it only happened the once and not much

some women leak loads and look like theyve been in a wet t-shirt comp lol just get yourseelf you cheap breast pads you can get them from any supermarket.

anything else your are unsure about?

ps congrats on the pregnancy

This is a brilliant thread! I dont think it affects me but just wondering, what is an anterior placenta?

i'd like to add that the one thing i only found out about because of this forum, was the pain killer they put up your bum after you've given birth! it wasn't in anything else i had read AT ALL!!! luckily fir me my MV did ask me (have heard of people only finding out after reading their notes) and its kinda odd but i presume i would have been in a lot more pain if id said no to it!

also, if you've never changed a nappy before do it now . . . even if its on a teddy! i didn't even get asked if i knew how to do it when i was on the ward after id given birth! (they didn't go through this at my anti-natal classes either!)

This is a brilliant thread! I dont think it affects me but just wondering, what is an anterior placenta?

just means its on the front of your bump, mine started that was but moved round to the back, posterior by the end!

Constipation and piles lol......my bowels (sorry tmi) haven't quite been normal since being pg.....plenty of fruit and veg lol!

Also definitely stock up on panty liners as the other girls have said....I'll let you know of I think of any more :) xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Ah the pellet up the bum lol I remember that one.

This may be *tmi*

No-one warns you after giving birth when you stand up and begin moving you may get sudden gush of blood or clots I had been told by a friend and when it happened to me I actually laughed at what my friend had said.

Sorry if tmi but your best to know

Also the slightly thicker pads for after birth are better than the thin ones

Remember your lavender oil too it helps heal down below. Bath in it and sprinkle few drops on a pad post birth.

Ah the pellet up the bum lol I remember that one.

This may be *tmi*

No-one warns you after giving birth when you stand up and begin moving you may get sudden gush of blood or clots I had been told by a friend and when it happened to me I actually laughed at what my friend had said.

Sorry if tmi but your best to know

Also the slightly thicker pads for after birth are better than the thin ones

Remember your lavender oil too it helps heal down below. Bath in it and sprinkle few drops on a pad post birth.

or the cathertar up you if you cant wee - as for the pads after having baby my god they were huge i even had to have like puppy training sized pads on the bed as well as my normal pads lmao

Ha ha the catheter I remember them saying how much has she drunk to dh as it kept coming lol

Ha ha the catheter I remember them saying how much has she drunk to dh as it kept coming lol

well id had a spinal block so couldnt tell if i was weeing or not so nurse tried to put one in, said i was that swollen she couldnt make out what was what to know where to stick it- i thought great my bits look like a spud that have exploded in the microwave lol

so she had to get a senior midwofe lol

Great thread :)
What's the tablet up the bum for??? I've not heard of that before, is it routinely given to everyone after birth?

:shock: some of this stuff is scary! Good to be prepared though xx

Dear god, this is a great thread but i'm now even more worried lol! Better to know these things though. So if i can throw one of my own in......how bad exactly is childbirth. I've heard contractions are similar to really really bad period pains but what about when baby, ahem, exits? I've heard so many horror stories about people 'tearing', it makes me cringe. And afterwards...how can you wee? And does it hurt majorly for a long time down below? Stitches? Sorry if this is a bit graphic but even though i'm not due til April i still can't stop thinking about the horrors of childbirth lol :shock: x

Dear god, this is a great thread but i'm now even more worried lol! Better to know these things though. So if i can throw one of my own in......how bad exactly is childbirth. I've heard contractions are similar to really really bad period pains but what about when baby, ahem, exits? I've heard so many horror stories about people 'tearing', it makes me cringe. And afterwards...how can you wee? And does it hurt majorly for a long time down below? Stitches? Sorry if this is a bit graphic but even though i'm not due til April i still can't stop thinking about the horrors of childbirth lol :shock: x

depends how high a pain threshold you have, but basically imagine the worst period pain you hav ever had and thats what it feels like when ur about half way but pain relief is so good it really helps. ive been told when the baby exits it just stings a bit but as it tkes a couple of seconds u dont notice it (i had a spinalblock thats why i never felt her come out)
ppl tear if the baby is a little bigger or they push when they are not ment to thats why an episiotomy is good as they numb the area before cutting and you heal alot better and quicker if you rip and this can sometimes rip straight to the anus.
i had stitches too but they didnt hurt not even after i had her but warm baths eased the uncomfortable feeling of it

....holy macaroni lol. All the way to the bum, that just sounds horrid. I've just been chatting to my mum about this stuff (not to the same kind of graphic detail lol) and she said 'look, millions of women do this daily' and it kinda made me feel a bit better. Ish.

depends how high a pain threshold you have, but basically imagine the worst period pain you hav ever had and thats what it feels like when ur about half way but pain relief is so good it really helps. ive been told when the baby exits it just stings a bit but as it tkes a couple of seconds u dont notice it (i had a spinalblock thats why i never felt her come out)
ppl tear if the baby is a little bigger or they push when they are not ment to thats why an episiotomy is good as they numb the area before cutting and you heal alot better and quicker if you rip and this can sometimes rip straight to the anus.
i had stitches too but they didnt hurt not even after i had her but warm baths eased the uncomfortable feeling of it

tbh my experience was completely different to roxane's.
all my pain was in my back as my little man was back to back, but twisted as he came out! so all my pain was in my back, couldn't feel any what so ever in the front! was pretty much the same level pain all the way through, only got a little bit more painful towards the end, but that could have been because my contractions were pretty much on top of each other! some women do tear and some mw advise an episiotomy. i had an episiotomy as a bit of my muscle wouldn't stretch and my mw believe it would be safer for me to have that as i'd had a good few goes at getting him out and hadn't torn naturally and was getting tired! as they give you local for this i didn't feel any "ring of fire" (as ive heard it called) and it really does just feel like you're trying to push a watermelon out your bum! and it just feels like relief when they exit!

something else they don't tell you is that if you opt for natural placenta delivery (thats what i did so don't know if its the same if you have the injection) it literately feels like your giving birth again but to something a lot lot smaller!

tbh my experience was completely different to roxane's.
all my pain was in my back as my little man was back to back, but twisted as he came out! so all my pain was in my back, couldn't feel any what so ever in the front! was pretty much the same level pain all the way through, only got a little bit more painful towards the end, but that could have been because my contractions were pretty much on top of each other! some women do tear and some mw advise an episiotomy. i had an episiotomy as a bit of my muscle wouldn't stretch and my mw believe it would be safer for me to have that as i'd had a good few goes at getting him out and hadn't torn naturally and was getting tired! as they give you local for this i didn't feel any "ring of fire" (as ive heard it called) and it really does just feel like you're trying to push a watermelon out your bum! and it just feels like relief when they exit!

something else they don't tell you is that if you opt for natural placenta delivery (thats what i did so don't know if its the same if you have the injection) it literately feels like your giving birth again but to something a lot lot smaller!

i dont know how true it is but ive heard back labour is ment to be more painful is that true?

....holy macaroni lol. All the way to the bum, that just sounds horrid. I've just been chatting to my mum about this stuff (not to the same kind of graphic detail lol) and she said 'look, millions of women do this daily' and it kinda made me feel a bit better. Ish.

dont worry not everyone rips if they dont get cut me u are at more risk

and yep ur mom is rright millions of us do it daily, hey u still get women pushing them out in the bushes without pain relief - god they are brave lol

Everyone's is going to be different I think, my sister had 100 hundred stitches after her first and that meant she had to have caesarian the second time......and yet a friend of mine was in labour for 15 minutes and baby shot out like a human cannonball. I'm not scared of labour, I just don't want to be there when it happens lol xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back