There really is a baby in there!

indigo

Reaction score
I seem to have been waiting for my first scan for an age, but the day finally arrived today!

I had this nagging fear that there was going to be no baby and the guy would spend ages looking, but that didn't come true of course. I did think it might take at least a little bit of finding but no, as soon as he put the scan thingy on my belly BAM there was a tiny baby on the screen, it almost took my breath away.

Everything looked fine thank goodness (tiny little arms and legs moving about) and I was moved from 13+5 to 14+5! I was expecting the due date to move forward slightly because I have a shorter cycle than average, but a whole week was a bit of a surprise.

Things went from the highs of the scan to lows of the consultant when I was told that I wouldn't be able to have the home birth that I wanted. I'm really gutted about this, it really spoilt my day and I've been feeling teary rather than excited which feels wrong. The problem is that I'm currently taking steroids to control my arthritis while I'm not taking my usual (pregnancy unfriendly) medication, and they will need to up my dose during labour, which means I will need to be in hospital. My only hope is to try and come off the steroids which is something I will be looking in to.

Happy, sad but mostly exhausted, Indigo x

Great news about being brought forward! You can come join us in tri 2!! x x

So sorry that you won't be able to have your home birth, but glad the scan went well :yay: x

Heh, sounds exactly like when I went for my scan, I couldn't beleive it when I saw that little baby shaped blob!! Congrats on getting moved forward a week, see you in tri 2!

xxx

Wish they'd move me forward a week! Lol x x so glad is all well and sorry that you can't have the home birth you wanted but don't give up-arrange for as many home comforts at the hospital as possible and put in your birth plan things that you want like maybe you want to stay active? Less examinations? Etc x x come join us in tri 2 x x

wowwee jumping forward a whole week! One less week to wait to see bubs :-D hope u get ur home birth hun and glad bubs is doing well xx

Thanks everyone! I'm going to see if I can attach a pic of the scan. Only got one clear image, the others are a little blurry.

Good point about the birth plan, I'll definitely be giving detailed instructions!

A whole week was a bit of a surprise, at least it means I get my 20 week scan sooner!

I'll definitely head over to tri 2, just didn't seem right posting about my first scan over there lol!

Attachments

• IMG_2717.JPG
    IMG_2717.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 7
Awww thats awesome and what a lovely pic.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to see if I can attach a pic of the scan. Only got one clear image, the others are a little blurry.

Good point about the birth plan, I'll definitely be giving detailed instructions!

A whole week was a bit of a surprise, at least it means I get my 20 week scan sooner!

I'll definitely head over to tri 2, just didn't seem right posting about my first scan over there lol!
Lovely pic- almost identical to my 13 week pic!

Glad all is well with the baby...shame that u cant have the birth that u wanted tho xxx

well done, lovely that all is well with baby and you, great news on you moving forward a full week, you must have taken my week that I got moved back! Sorry about the home birth, look at the options , you don't want to be in pain towards end of preg and labour with your arthritus tho, like someone else says , birth plans can try to keep control with you and your choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back