the worst time in my life!

melhoney

Reaction score
I have lived the worst time of my life this afternoon! But Thanks God, it's all ok now!
Maheen was in my arms, on her tummy, her head on my chest, and as she does a lot now, she bang her head as she was trying to hold her head up!
Soon after, I saw her nose bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: I got panicked! A million horrible thoughts crossed my mind, and I called 999 straight away.An ambulance came, they checked her, she seemed alright, but we took her to emergencies, so that she could be checked properly...Well, she never got checked!
We got fed up!!! Waited there 4 hours and saw no one! :evil:
Obviously Maheen was fine, she had been for 4 hours, in an hospital, too hot, so noisy, so we decided to leave.
It's outrageous the way E&R work!!! We were 4 couples with babies (young babies, not even toddlers) and none of us got seen in 4 hours! One of them was bleeding as well, and much more than Maheen, but was still in the waiting room! :shock:

Anyway, all is ok, now, she is fine, she smiled at us, no temperature, drank her 150 ml feed without any difficulty, and it's all dry now in her little nose, but what a horror! I completely freaked out!
When we came back home, I cried for 20 minutes, could not stop, even though she was looking at me smiling! I love my daughter soooooooooooo much, I knew that already but Gosh, I could not live without her!

Just be careful if your little ones bang their head and nose, they are soooooooo fragile! I don't think I am gonna be able to hold her like this anymore, I feel so guilty!
mel xx

Awww Mel try not to feel guilty it wasn't your fault. I know how you feel though, Reece has had a couple of bangs and i've felt awful about them for days afterwards. He's never bled though so i think i would panic as much as you did. It must've been a scarey time for you. x x

its so hard when they hurt them selves
my lil girl had her worst fall ever last week she feel head first oout of her pushchair bruised all her head and cut her nose and had a nose bleed i cryed more then her..

Awww it's horrible when they hurt themselves isn't it. Saying tht it doesn't even sound like she was hurt at all!
Hope thanks have calmed down a bit!

xxxx

ahhh bless ya, I welled up just reading that! :cry:
I'd be excatly the same.

NHS is pants & has got serious problems.... sort it out Tony !

Thanks girls for your nice words,

Maheen has had a good night sleep and we played together for an hour, she could not stop giggling, and smiling! :lol:
She means the world to me, and yes, you are right, Urchin, it was just a small vein in her nose, and apparently it can happen very easily! I feel much better this morning, but still can't forget how I felt when I saw her little nose!
When we put her in her cot last night, I stayed there looking at her sleeping! My husband found me there when he went to sleep!

Just a bad memory to put behind!
Dionne, it must have been awful, poor little Dior!! Hope she is better now!I better prepare myself for aches and pains! They are bound to happen!

Mel xx

awww, you poor wee souls, what an afternoon. Im glad she is okay now.
While I can understand your frustration at not getting seen I would phone the nhs direct. I took Jess to hospital once when she was ill and I feel that because it was quiet, every imaginable test was done on her including a lumbat puncture, she wasnt even showing classic meningitus signs. She was fine a few days later. It puts me right off taking her to the docs. The nhs direct are always spot on I feel with what they say.

I hope you feel abit more relaxed today, Im sure maheen has long forgotten it :D

Hi

sorry you went through that gee im gonna freak when Kiara gets hurt for the first time.
Im glad shes okay though and dont even mention hospitals they are pathetic.
Katrina

Sorry Melhoney - only just read this post. heidi sits on me like that and she is often banging her head on my chest (if we are wating for her bottle to cool) I will definately keep my eye on her now.

Hope you have all recoverd

L x

Hi

Kieran fell over round my step dads house when he was 2 and he bumped his head on the bottom of the washing machine (the casing round the bottom had come off) and the lump was the size of an egg. it was horrible. (he is 11 now).

Joshua tripped over the hoover when jon was hoovering upstairs and he fell. jon thought he was dead. thankfully he was fine. i called an ambulance and we were back home within 2 hours. the funny thing is, is that jon had wanted to take up the stair carpet and leave it bare (we moved into a disgusting house, wee and poo everywhere), and i stopped him.

dreading Liam's first accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back