the WORST night ever...

titch

Reaction score
.. Ive had a bad tummy :cry: to be honest it wasnt too bad but the pains I was getting with it, Im sure I was having contractions!! I couldnt stand still needed to rock my hips about and the pain was at the top on my bump spreading down. It was really intense and I was so close to waking up OH and telling him to call the ward. I was starting to wonder if I had diarhhea because I was in labour, instead of having pains cos of the diarhhea.

The worst part is that I realy freaked out, and it was only after I got back into bed with milder pains that I remembered all the 'peace and calm' work Ive been doing in hypnobirthing practice. :oooo: I totally allowed my body to go into the 'emergency room' state :wall: I think Im gonna start practicing more frequently.

Im feeling much better this morning and Im so glad I didnt end up going to the ward, I wouldve been really embarrased if i went and they were like "erm, youve got diarrhea love!!!!!!" :rofl:

Ooo doesn't like a good night!

Glad your feeling better though. I dont think they would have minded if you went in with a jiffy tummy...I can garentee theyve had plenty do it before! Having a bad stomach can be bloody painful! x

:rofl:

I can see myself doing something like that!

Hope your feeling better today xxx

Sounds like a touch of food poisoning to me I have had it a few times you should be alright now tho just off sorts a bit for a couple of days drink plenty of water x (don't have to be uncooked food either sounds like the bacterial kind I had where someone has touched something) can be as little as that x x x

Awww hun, hope you feel better now x x

Last edited:
well my OH's food hygeine is absolutely shocking so I wouldnt be surprised as he did cook dinner for us the other night.

he used to take frozen chicken out and just put it in the fridge without a plate under it or anything!! Now hes a bit better but I caught him taking one out the other day and he took the chicken out with him hands, put it down on the plate of butter we were keeping out to soften opened 2 cupboards with his raw chicken hands found a bowl, put chicken in, realised bowl was too small, RINSED it under the cold tap and put it on the draining board, got anther bowl out, opened 3 drawers to find the cling film and seal it, then open the fridge door with his chickeny hands and put it in. I was just watching him like Oh....my....God! I went ape at him and sterilised the entire kitchen and put the bowl he used first undre boiling water. :wall: Then told him to throw the butter out which he had rested raw chicken on and he reckoned i was being fussy and it was a waste of butter :wall:

Can you imagine if I didnt see this happening!! He was cooking at his mums when his had was in hospital so he was doing a curry, and chopped chicken on a chopping board then while it was cooking he was stiring with a wooden spoon and resting it on the same chopping board he did the raw meat on. We had to cook it for another 20 mins to make sure he didnt poison us. He had his mother and me yelling at him that time!

:shock: he just doesn't get it does he? Hope you are feeling better. I'm sure your hypnobirthing will work just fine when labour comes along, I'm sure the thought of things happening far too early didn't help your panic!

I no exactly how you felt! I had this alot when babys head was in my stomach i was getting pains all over my bump and just couldnt move. But lately when iv been going toilet iv been getting pains in the top of my bump and dunno whats going on and i panic.

Think whhere times getting closer you start worrying more about going into labour, i was walkin round tesco on friday and i got a contraction pain and i could hardly walk i was just waiting for a *wooosh* all over the floor lol x

yeah thats true, its more the panic that it was so unexpected and too early really. I was sitting on the bathroom floor thinking "Im so glad the downstairs is tidy, but I havent finished washing baby's clothes and our hopsital bags are still in their boxes let alone packed with anything useful, oh and OH STILL hasnt read the hypnobirthing book"

know what you mean bex, I kept checking my waters werent breaking lol and I thought about putting a towel on the bed when I got back in but I didnt have the energy.

Its scared me into action!!!

sounds a horrible night tiny!! Every twinge makes me think 'is this it?' now, I know it's unlikely but that worry is always there! Every wince and OH is on tenterhooks too, don't think I can go on for another 6 weeks like this lol!!

Sounds like definate food poisoning to me I'm just getting over another bout of it! Lol my doctors reackoned it can be anything from raw chicken to as simple as someone going for a wee and then passing you the food without washing their hands and they said because of the symptoms it's 90% that reason >.<

I blame my kids lol!! Feeding me rasins haha

ahh yeah I havent got kids to blame!! I usuallyhave a stomach of steel, last time I had food poisoning was 8 years ago in Bolivia backpacking and me and my friend decided I buy a 'chicken burger' from a street vendor :wall: we'd been backpacking so long we lost sense! We were in a hostel and my friend had it really bad, I was imagining how I was gonna get an ambulance in the middle of nowhere in bolivia and wondering if Id have to pay them, it was horrible!!

:hug: So glad you're feeling better. I almost spat my tea all over the keyboard at that last line :rofl:

Blimey hope you are ok now; I think that late pregnancy can give you the shits in more ways than one! :lol:

Gad your feeling better today fingers crossed it stays away x

I slept in the spare room last night so OH's alarm wouldnt wake me at half 6 and amazingly I slept from 11 til 8 :yay: I cant believe I didnt even wake to pee :) I feel better than I have for ages today, got loads of nesting energy :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back