The things that your parents made you do that was pointless

nickilubs

Reaction score
Tonight I was cooking tea and there I was peeling my mushrooms......then I thought "what the fook am I peeling mushrooms for!?" you just need to wash them :doh: . Then I remember that when I was little and would stand in the kitchen asking mum for jobs she would get me to peel the mushrooms. If you have ever tried peeling a mushroom you will know its quite hard and very pointless! So I tried to think of other little jobs my parents would get me to do to get me to bugger off and leave them alone lol...so far I have remembered.....

Straightening the tassles on the rug.....one by one so they are all perfectly straight
Brushing the backgarden even though there wasn't anything there much to be brushed
Hammering nails into a piece of wood....no reason why the wood needed nails in it?
Stiriping a lavender bush of all the lavender on the ends and putting it into a bowl....
Go around the garden and pick up all the conkers
Write tags to go on the plants so we know what they are called. (I didnt know what they were called so used to give them a made up name and tag them)
Spin the washing on the line so it drys faster.

And theres probably many more! What things did your parents get you to do that you now know was just to get you to go away? :)

nickilubs said:
Tonight I was cooking tea and there I was peeling my mushrooms......then I thought "what the fook am I peeling mushrooms for!?" you just need to wash them :doh: .

Really? :oops:

:wall: :doh:

leckershell said:
nickilubs said:
Tonight I was cooking tea and there I was peeling my mushrooms......then I thought "what the fook am I peeling mushrooms for!?" you just need to wash them :doh: .

I did have to look it up just to check and yep theres not much need in peeling them it actually take away the good stuff in them, they just need a good wash like any other veg :D

if you ask my little brother you'd get one response.....

WASH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotfl: I think you were annoying as a kid Nicki :rotfl:

Thank god we have nintendo wii's to keep em busy now as i cant think of anything half as creative to get DS to do :lol:

aramintalovegrove said:
:rotfl: I think you were annoying as a kid Nicki :rotfl:

Thank god we have nintendo wii's to keep em busy now as i cant think of anything half as creative to get DS to do :lol:

LMAO Yep I was. Heheee probably still am, things would keep me entertained for hours though thats probably why they used to give me such pointless tasks like the spinning the washing line thing I would be there all day spinning it till it got dry...I found it fun. :rotfl: I also used to depod all the peas and runner beans that dad grew but there was a reason to do that so not so pointless but still something that would have me sat looking like a gormo for 2hours!

leckershell said:
nickilubs said:

:oops: :oops: I was going to say the same thing! I've been peeling mushrooms for nothing :shock: :oops: :lol:

i have never ever peeled mushrooms lol!!

but i dont see the point of ironing, things crease up too easy!!!

nickilubs said:
leckershell said:
nickilubs said:

I did have to look it up just to check and yep theres not much need in peeling them it actually take away the good stuff in them, they just need a good wash like any other veg :D
#You dont need to wash mushrooms - if you want to get rid of the dirt, use a soft brush cos they're really absorbant and just soak up any water they're washed with.

nickilubs said:
Tonight I was cooking tea and there I was peeling my mushrooms......then I thought "what the fook am I peeling mushrooms for!?" you just need to wash them :doh: . Then I remember that when I was little and would stand in the kitchen asking mum for jobs she would get me to peel the mushrooms. If you have ever tried peeling a mushroom you will know its quite hard and very pointless! So I tried to think of other little jobs my parents would get me to do to get me to bugger off and leave them alone lol...so far I have remembered.....

Straightening the tassles on the rug.....one by one so they are all perfectly straight
Brushing the backgarden even though there wasn't anything there much to be brushed
Hammering nails into a piece of wood....no reason why the wood needed nails in it?
Stiriping a lavender bush of all the lavender on the ends and putting it into a bowl....
Go around the garden and pick up all the conkers
Write tags to go on the plants so we know what they are called. (I didnt know what they were called so used to give them a made up name and tag them)
Spin the washing on the line so it drys faster.

And theres probably many more! What things did your parents get you to do that you now know was just to get you to go away? :)

Take it your parents didn't like you very much? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Either that or they had an evil sense of humour

I don't bother ironing clothing. Actually, I don't buy clothes that need ironing :rotfl:

We used to get dusters tied to our shoes and had to "skate" up and down our big long wooden floor.
I never wash or brush mushrooms- just chuck them in the pan.
And i never iron unless we are going out and the its only really Brians shirt Lycra is great

emeraldsroses said:
I don't bother ironing clothing. Actually, I don't buy clothes that need ironing :rotfl:

Ditto! Only thing that needs ironing is OHs work whirts, and he can do that himself :talkhand:

My Mum used to get me to iron tea towels!

I think everything else had a purpose like cooking, washing up, cleaning the car etc.

Nikki, your's cracked me up :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back