The Plug

Lisa_85

Reaction score
Hi

Im just wanting some advice and info really... from my antenatal class i learnt the plug can be a clear thick mucas discharge or a brown/bloody mucas discharge.

Ive been quite heavy with the discharge - sorry tmi - but yesterday i looked and had a small blob of brown in the discharge, im not worried because ive had nothing since and Crumpet is still just as active but was curious on how much comes out and when is it not too early to come out?

Thanks
Lisa
xx

Didn't want to read and run but can't really help. Maybe ring mw just for advice

Yeah if there's any brown or pink in it I'd defo give midwife a call. Probs nothing to worry about but they might just want to check you over maybe to see if it was your plug xxx

I've never seen my plug so I cant really say, but I think browny coloured is defo a good sign for labour coming soon. But i've also heard that plug can come away weeks before waters break or labour starts, phone the MW anyway, just to be on the safe side!!

:)

Im at the midwifes on thursday morning, and ive had none since.

Is it bad that im not worried? i thought i would be a stressy mommy but im feeling really relaxed, i have no negative thoughts and i think because it was just a small blob and nothing since its not stressed me out. i feel fine and Crumpet is as active as ever.

my plug was very bloody and thicky mucus (TMI) but as it came away in one dollop my MW wasnt worried also id started to have contractions sood after x x

Havent noticed my plug this time yet but a ared/brown show with my second 3 weeks before labour started !! if worried just mention it to mw xxxxxxxx

How did it go with the midwife today hun? I passed a lot of mucus yesterday and then a small amount if red jelly today. Phoned mw who told me to go home from work and rest. Been having strong frequent bh and back pain but hopeful it will subside now I've got my feet up. Just wondered how you'd got on Xx

I've noticed a great increase in my discharge lately, TMI sorry!
Hope you got some answers today xxx

My MW was great! she was covering for my regular MW. i told her and she said they would not worry about anything coming away from now onwards as it is most probably a show and only to be worried if i pass red blood. The brown mucas stuff is completely normal :) Ive noticed more braxton hicks on and evening too.

Thanks for asking ladies and im so happy i spoke to the MW about it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back