The one toy your baby never gets bored of

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by laetitia85, Nov 26, 2007.

1. laetitia85

laetitia85 Well-Known Member

I don't want to buy too many toys/teddy bears/play matts etc... in case baby goes off them quickly. What I do want, however, is a small selection of toys he will never get bored of, toys that can keep him amused everytime.

can you post pictures of the toys your babies love?

2. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Teddy....

Teddy became a firm favorite from day one... I knitted him for Tia when I was pregnant..and she just loved him... She still does and Teddy has travelled the world.

I've made another knitted teddy for this baby too... although for some reason its come out a lot smaller but I used the same pattern :think:

All the other toys Tia grew out off quickly or got bored with... but Teddy was and is her best friend...

3. LucyBee

LucyBee Well-Known Member

I agree. Tom loves his teddies. He is always pleased to see them and never goes off them. x

4. Sammystar

Sammystar Well-Known Member

Sammystar!!!!

This is Sammystar:

http://www.sterntaler.com/spielwaren.ph ... 12&p=64700

We bought him when I was pregnant with Molly, my first, and I played the tune on my tummy over and over. From day one that toy has been THE favourite.

He's also travelled the world and GOD FORBID we ever lose him!

We did the same for DD2 and DS, although DD2 has a musical ladybird and DS has a musical flower!

:lol:

5. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

it's difficult to say really...

Arianna loved her teddies until she was about 6mths - she still has a few favs but the rest mainly just sit collecting dust.

She liked this from birth

http://www.woolworths.co.uk/web/jsp/pro ... d=50415180

Then when she got older it was noisier things, like speaking/musical books, push and go toys, rattles

6. EllieG

EllieG Well-Known Member

Mr Whoozit! It is the one toy that Freya has loved since birth to just look at and now she chews it and tries to squeek its nose. You can attatch it to the car seat and it provides endless entertainment. The best £9 I have spent on a toy. http://www.littlefishtoys.co.uk/product ... v5frfen6a1

7. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

millie loves any toys with crinkley paper/plastic inside. and she also loves magazine pages and empty cadburys buttons packets coz theyre crinkley!

8. paradysso

paradysso Well-Known Member

9. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

my damn mobile phone lol :roll:

that thing is knackered now, it was Jams fave chew toy!!

now that he has got into toys its his little wooden shape sorter, the letters and shapes entertain him for ages as he tries to match them up - his tongue sticks out with concentration!! :lol:

10. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

Fisher Price Rainforest Playmat (expensive but good to ask for as a pressie)

[​IMG]

On there he enjoys the spinny blue thing that that baby is holding and the purple parrot the most.

Dumbo Musical Pull Toy

[​IMG]

Evemarie8 bought this for Ryan and he loves it, and it kept him quiet when he first got it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. MissThing

MissThing Well-Known Member

Fisher price rainforest rocking chair! The best buy ever!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

12. glitzyglamgirl

glitzyglamgirl Well-Known Member

My eldests first gift, from a friend who visited us in hospital just after she was born, was a soft musical clown, she wouldnt go anywhere without it and its still a prized possession at 15 :lol:

13. rusks

rusks Well-Known Member

teething keys and like trixipaws says anything crinkley including crisp packets.