The nappy poll!

dollface79

Reaction score
As we need every penny we can get i'm looking at ways of saving money when baby comes... one way is cloth nappies! I'm going a be a first time mum and really have no idea about these...

What would you say was best and why?

Lisa xxxxxx

cloth are better for the environment but most importantly they save money. be aware tho the cheap ebay ones seem to leak so spend out at first to get decent ones and your onto a winner

I like gnappies best but they have some drawbacks

Pros - slim fitting
- nice colours
- good leg cuffs to keep out leaks
- waterproof inner bit but cotton outer so it doesn't rub
- can use whatever inserts you want
- they do up backwards so little hands can't reach the Velcro
- quick to dry

Cons
- can be a bit fiddly as extra bits to change
- a bit pricier than some but you don't need many as you only change the inner bit (we use them full time and only have 3)
- they are sized so will need different sizes

Cloth is defo better! We also use Gnappies (been using them for a few days after a disater with Ebay cheapies) and they're fantastic!!

Catty's is the one who suggested trying them! :)

The only thing I think is a con about them is they're expensive but like Catty says you don't need lots of the 'pants' just lots of 'pouches'and inserts. We have 2 pairs of pants and 1 on order and 8 pouches and inserts ad it does us full time. I haven't tried using them overnight just yet but i'm thinking about doubling the inserts and seeing what happens :) I also have a flip nappy thats brilliant and a pop-in one on order just as a back up x

i wanted to try cloth nappies but due to my big family buying everything i have ended up with over 15 boxes of nappies all sizes. but i do agree spend the extra money and get quality they are worth it x x x

Cloth!
Ive been using mainly disposables at night (naty) as I haven't found the right night combo yet but last night I had to use a pampers (hate them but that's all tesco had) and he's woken up with a nasty rash! In the bin they will be going! Tonight I'll be trying another cloth, just brought a little lamb to try at night. I use tots bots, and bum genius mainly but I've also tried the eBay cheapies, the dudeybaba ones are ok but bulky and the other one not sure it has a name was crap! There are a lot of trials throughout the uk where you get a few different nappys so you can see what works best, we did this and used disposables for the first few weeks.

Cloth is great! Altough I'm finding them maybe not as econmical as they should be as I have gone for pretty ones!!

There is a nappy for everyone!

I like:
Smartipants: dry in a hour on the line, the inserts come out themselves in the wash so you don't need to touch them!
Itti bittis: can interchange inserts if the outer is not soiled, so a bit more economical and very very trim
Tots bots easyfits: best all rounder, trim but take a bit longer to dry

So far the only ones that I don't like are the pop-in ones as they look so bulky and I don't seem to be able to wash them well!

Have a ones and twos one in the post (building up stash slowly when I see a bargain) they are meant to be slimmer than the ittis but will soon see!

Good luck!

I have used cloth nappies with both my boys from when they were about 3 months. I love them!! Only use them on my 2year old now as my big boy is 5 and out of nappies.

Yes, they are cheaper, but also other reasons for me were, enviroment and chemicals in disposables that i didnt really want against my babies skin!! I also hate the smell of wet desposables! I think cloth nappies are fab !! :dance:

Definitely cloth. They're cheaper and better for the environment, not as irritating to her skin, much softer and more comfortable for my little girl, and don't let poo leak up her back. Honestly, I've forgotten what it is to try to get her out of pooed on clothes and we haven't had any stains on her clothing for ages :).

They also look much nicer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back