The name Elise!

vic30

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if you could settle something for me. Does anyone have an Elise? An Eloise? Or know one?

I love the name sounding 'Elise'. I'm currently thinking about it if we have another girl. A few things I want to check lol...

Would anyone get confused and pronounce it 'Eliza'? I'm not keen on that name and although it's totally different, there may be some confusion as Elise isn't that popular.

Eloise - pronounced El-o-ease? Yes? Haha. When I was a guider there was a little girl at Rainbows and her name was written Eloise and most definitely, without a doubt, pronounced 'Elise'. I've adored that name for 10 years. Now, this was fine until I've looked through baby names and found that Eloise is a totally different name. Argh! Confused.com! We definitely weren't spelling or pronouncing her name incorrectly as her mum did the same. Did she make a massive error? Am I going mad?

Other names I like are Sophia and Abigail. We already have an Emily.

I love Elise and Eloise, I thought of each as middle names for my Sophie, OH didn't like them though.
Eloise is most definitely a completely different name, I think the woman may have got it wrong or its a variation from a different country maybe?

Yes it's strange as I've spent the last 10 years loving the name but not spelled correctly haha! I remember seeing the girl's registration form and heard her mum say the name, plus she responded to 'Elise' and was very grown up so I'm sure she would have corrected us. It just stuck with me as I hadn't heard the name before. I really like Elise but we had Emily and Sophia last time so we're thinking of Sophia. I think I must've forgotten about Elise! X

And congratulations on your daughter :) I recognise you from 2013 X

Thanks so much. Finally got there :)
We obv have similar taste in names xx

I know an Ellise with two L's (not sure why??) and we had Elise for our first LO. I love the name!

I read Eloise as El-o-ease rather than Elise. X

My sisters called Elise and she is constantly getting called El-sie or Ellis!

my cousin named her little girl Elise, when ideas getting the news of delivery it was in a text and I read wrong and thought it was Elsie, I called the baby that for three weeks until I met her but after that I never got it wrong. lovely name

When I hear name Eloise, I remember at once the movie Love Happens. Jennifer Anniston stars there. And her character is Eloise. I think it is very beautiful and nice sounding name.

I've taught pupils with both those names and no one seemed to get them wrong! I quite like those names but when you're a teacher, every name is ruined!!!

I know an Elise. This name will definitely stand out. I don't think it would be confused with Eliza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back