"The Midwives"

Chezza

Reaction score
Evening All,

I know I've probably posted in the wrong section...but I'm watching The Midwives and despite having a trying day with my LO...I am feeling very broody :shock:

I'm 35, so left it a little late in life (in fact, JJ wasn't exactly planned!) and so many people have told me it would be wise to start trying again soon because I'm reaching that difficult age.

We do want another one, but I had visions of having a 3 year gap...but then I wonder if we will have problems conceiving (because of my age)...and should we try a little bit earlier - even though our house (2 bedroom) wouldn't be ideal...? It takes an awful lot of money to market, sell and buy a house these days...and I don't know if we could move anytime soon with me going back to work part time in November.

Decisions decisions...xx

You're not that old hun :lol: I know quite a few ladies ATM that are 39/40 and pregnant! They were all surprise babies too :lol: id say just do what feels right for you and don't feel you have to try sooner just cos everyone else says you should!

Its a hard decision hun x my friend is in a similar situation having her lil girl just after her 40th x me n oh have also been discussing this tonight x

Ella Faith 8/2/13 8lb 13.5 oz x

I just watched it too chezza. The 16 year old was so naive I felt for her and her daughter. There's no reason to assume you'll have problems conceiving just cos you're 35. I'll be 34 in Nov and although I don't have plans for a second I wouldn't let my age stop me trying. Look at that woman at 48! Good luck with whatever you decide hun x

I watched it and was green with envy! I had Jack at 30 & was a week off of 32 when Harry was born and would love a 3rd in a few years time. There is 21 months between my boys and i wanted a small age gap but I waited the whole of my 20's to find the right man to have babies with and i feel like i'm not finished just yet. I'd like the next one by 35-36. I feel quite young in myself and hopefully i'll stay that way. If you think you could do it then do it or you may well regret it x

Evening All,

I know I've probably posted in the wrong section...but I'm watching The Midwives and despite having a trying day with my LO...I am feeling very broody :shock:

I'm 35, so left it a little late in life (in fact, JJ wasn't exactly planned!) and so many people have told me it would be wise to start trying again soon because I'm reaching that difficult age.

We do want another one, but I had visions of having a 3 year gap...but then I wonder if we will have problems conceiving (because of my age)...and should we try a little bit earlier - even though our house (2 bedroom) wouldn't be ideal...? It takes an awful lot of money to market, sell and buy a house these days...and I don't know if we could move anytime soon with me going back to work part time in November.

Decisions decisions...xx

Im 35 soon and thinking the same and after 9yrs of trying im thinking can we wait so were ttc again now in with the mind if it happens it happens xxx

I watched it last night and and felt just a little sad as I won't be doing all that again as my partner had a vasectomy last week, and I know I really don't want anymore children, I have 2 gorgeous boys and a beautiful girl who is only 11 weeks, by boys being 8 years and 13 months. When I fell pregnant so soon after having my son it was devastating initially but I soon cam around and I love all my babies so, so much. I just know that we couldn't handle anymore and I don't want to go through pregnancy/labour again, plus I'm nearly 36, so I absolutely know we've mad the right choice....but the mummy in me will always look longingly at pregnant women and I'll have that pang of jealousy when I watch these programmes!!

I'm in a similar boat, I'm 33 and when pregnant with LO I naively said I'd love two close together. Actually now having had a baby and knowing how much hard work it is, I want LO to be an age he can fend for himself before we have another. Plus I want another section and it took me a while to recover from the last one. Having two under two just would be impossible! Ideally I'd like a 3-4 year age gap, but then I'll be late 30's by then so who knows?!

Hey you haven't left it too late at all. I was 38 when I conceived my lo and had no problems at all - in fact we weren't really trying, just not preventing either. I had a relatively straightforward pregnancy and a quick easy birth by which time I was 39. I haven't ruled out maybe trying for another in 12 to 18 months and it definitely won't be my age that puts me off (I still feel in my 20's lol) but more the practicality of having another baby as lo is my 4th !! xx

I loved the episode, i like how they show too differences, although i actually thought the 48 year old was nieve about how easy having a baby would be, she sort of said all they need is love, which is true, plus a hell of a lot of energy i know my dad is 54 and healthy and he cant keep up to Alice. Its knackering at 23! But they may be fine they seemed like a lovely couple and im sure will be brilliant parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back