Health Visitors- Whats yours like?

Not really had too much to do with ours other than the weekly clinic visits for weighing Luke. They are pretty nice really though.

I talk more to the ones who attend the baby cafe I go to on a Weds however,

Just met mine this morning for the first time and she is lovely.
I thought she would be telling me this and that and stuff, nope she was great..... practically told me that because i was doing it again 2nd time round that she can't tell me stuff i dont already know and i was doing a great job as we are.

I had 4 bottles made up on the side, and i thought she would say something about them because what they say has all changed since i had harrison.
Anyway she said " ahhhh i'm glad some people still stick to the good old ways, all that making up the bottles has baby wants them is the biggest load of cobblers i have heard, i mean what baby is going to wait when its hungry"........lol, i had to laugh seems as i was sat there think "oh shit" she's seen the bottles...........lol.

I think me and her will get along just fine!!!

MissSara said:
I thought she would be telling me this and that and stuff, nope she was great..... practically told me that because i was doing it again 2nd time round that she can't tell me stuff i dont already know and i was doing a great job as we are.

I had 4 bottles made up on the side, and i thought she would say something about them because what they say has all changed since i had harrison.
Anyway she said " ahhhh i'm glad some people still stick to the good old ways, all that making up the bottles has baby wants them is the biggest load of cobblers i have heard, i mean what baby is going to wait when its hungry"........lol, i had to laugh seems as i was sat there think "oh sh*t" she's seen the bottles...........lol.

:shock: I'd watch that TBH. Mine is very for the 'old school' approach and totally disregards what the latest reccomendations are!

:wink: not being pernickity but if bottles are made up in advance I'd stick them in the fridge and then warm them up when you need them. I find it easier to make them up fresh as then I don't have to bother heating it up etc. :D

Mine are all pleasant but, erm, quirky! The one who used to visit us at home was more interested in talking about shopping than the baby. The first one I met at the clinic was lovely and knowledgeable but quite scatty! The one we see most often now is lovely, she is such a natural with babies and really knows her stuff. She is totally run off her feet, though :?

Mine is nice, quite chatty, happy to tell me about her family/holiday etc, her 20 year old son has a 1 year old and they live with her so she always has stories to tell! She's just turned 50.

I haven't really asked about much but she didn't judge me when i said i'd switched to formula and she didn't hassle me for reasons. Then when i did my PND test and scored high she was really nice and she always reminds me to call her whenever i want or if i'm having a bad day etc. I haven't done but it feels nice knowing i could.

She has never told me what to do or how.

I see her at the baby clinic sometimes when i go for a weigh in and she is always really nice but not interfering.

And she calls Faith Poppet, lol.

yeh so overall she is rather good :)

Mine is ok. She is very mainstream in her approach and does do my head in with comments about co-sleeping/babywearing/aping in general making for clingy children (her fave comment is that "she has to know mummy can't always be there") and she was constantly telling me to wean Seren from 14 weeks onwards :roll: My fave thing about her was when she suggested I gave Seren chips and ketchup as finger foods whe she was 8 months old :shock:

But I do have a lot of time for her. She was the one who got me diagosed with PND, and was very supportive (she would make a lot of home visits to chat with me, and would call me). She knows about my anxiety and listens when I am worried about something. The last time I spoke with her I was upset at the thought of Cally having 3 injections in her last bunch of jabs and she just re-arranged it so they were seperate. I haven't seen her that much though as it is a faff going to the clinic with a baby and a toddler, and it is easier for me to get Cally weighed at babycafe. At baby cafe we have a few different HV's, most of whom don'tyknowmuch about boobyfeeding which is useful lol. However there is this oe HV who is very crunchy and I love her

Jade&Evie said:
MissSara said:

Anyway she said " ahhhh i'm glad some people still stick to the good old ways, all that making up the bottles has baby wants them is the biggest load of cobblers i have heard, i mean what baby is going to wait when its hungry"........lol, i had to laugh seems as i was sat there think "oh sh*t" she's seen the bottles...........lol.

:shock: I'd watch that TBH. Mine is very for the 'old school' approach and totally disregards what the latest reccomendations are!

:wink: not being pernickity but if bottles are made up in advance I'd stick them in the fridge and then warm them up when you need them. I find it easier to make them up fresh as then I don't have to bother heating it up etc. :D

Yeah i always but the bottles in the fridge, but im talking boiling hot bottles here, i wait until they are cooled and then stick them in the fridge!!!

Saw her once when Louis was 2 weeks old. Never heard of her since then (even though she said she would send us someone every week as he had some weight issues at the time...). She just left me lots of leaflets and when I asked her for more info about the leaflet describing flat head syndrome (which Louis didn't have at the time... I was just curious) she said "oh, that's a very rare condition, you needn't worry about it"... right, that's why I have to take the initiative to buy special pillows and mattresses now :shakehead: Wouldn't really trust her if she was coming back now anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back