The little girl who drowned in Egypt...

I read that story too and thought exactly the same! I have always watched my kids like a hawk when swimming regardless of how many lifeguards I can see. They have always been my responsibility, no one else's.

This story is just tragic :( x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

When this sad story first broke I did wonder what the parents were doing. The gran was very quick to blame the lack of lifeguards but my first thought was "Who - out of all the adults with her - was watching the little girl?"

Yes lifeguards should be on duty and they should be able to be called upon in an emergency to perform CPR but I would never place the responsibility of my child on anyone else.

It's very sad and the parents will never forgive themselves, the old adage is so true though, you really cannot turn your back for a second!

xxxxxx

They can't blame the life guards your child is your responsibility .
It's common sense not to leave a child unattended near water . Why could one parent not go the bar for drinks while the other watched the kids x x

Regardless of water etc. I would never leave my kid out of my sight on holiday!

Has no one learned from Madeline McCann? Its so so tragic, and I doubt they will ever forgive themselves.

Like previously mentioned, lifeguards are for emergencies. I nearly drowned in a pool in Butlins when I was 9 - I got caught in the rapids and got pulled under. My dad wasn't in the pool with me, but was a spectator and watching me like a hawk. He saw I was in danger and shouted to the lifeguard nearby who was able to jump in and save me - all the while my dad running into the pool fully clothed to save me.

Had my dad not been watching me - what would have happened?

...was left in the pool on her own while her parents went to the bar!

"Sarah said she and Tony left Chloe by the side of the resort’s shallow toddler pool with another little girl for five *minutes as they got drinks"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chloe-johnson-devastated-mum-feels-1897930

It is tragic that this little girl has died, but the only people responsible are her parents, she should never, ever have been left in the water on her own. Whether there were life guards or not, the only people responsible for supervising their children are the parents/carers. I thought it would be common sense not to leave a child in water by themselves? It's so sad!

I totally agree! It seems to me they have been very quick to blame everyone but themselves, even their other daughter. It is very tragic but ultimately the parents are responsible. You absolutely can't turn your back for a second when it comes to kids and water xxx

Shocking. Many of the hotels we used to go to as kids didn't have permenant life guards, especially if we went to England before their kids were off. Most of them had big signs up saying no under 16s unsupervised.

I remember my mum asking one manager if we could please go in alone as both me and my bro were competitive swimmers at the time, and she can barely swim at all. Think I was about 12/13 at the time.

Who in their right mind leaves a 5year old unattended!!

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Completely agree. You wouldn't leave a 5 year old alone in your own country let alone abroad and in a swimming pool. I just don't understand why they BOTH left her? How did that seem like a good idea? Wasn't it like their first day out there as well? I'm sure they could of asked her to come with them to the bar, 5 minutes out of a whole trip wouldn't of hurt?

I hadn't seen this, I'm not really up on news! It always amazes me when parents don't watch their children! Regardless of where they are! I saw a little girl no older than 5 walking down the street on her own recently. She was absolutely alone and I was so shocked! My eldest is 9 and I would never leave her unattended anywhere! That poor child! How can the parents not take responsibility! Ultimately the safety of children lies with their guardians!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back