The Lexi and Lilly labour remedies thread!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Well, me and Lilly are trying a few things out, so I thought it would be a good idea if we both report on here how everything is going!
We are trying:
Clary sage oil (drops in bath and massaging it on bump)
Perineal massage
Rasberry leaf tea

Not loads of things but we will try and keep you all updated on stuff, mainly for the use of people that want to try these things and are unsure or whatever, we can help a little with this!

So Lilly, reports start here :) xx

Oooo this sounds fun! :yay:

Will deffo be reporting on here, will probs do a report for the week each sunday from tomorrow wich is the start of each week for me, (35,36 etc), Unless anything major or exciting happens in the week haha

Last edited:
Good idea Lexi - will be interesting to see hiow you both get on!

Today, well as we speak, I am sitting ina bath of clary sage oil and I accidentally added 9 drops (wasn't going to have this much til much later on in like 3 weeks lol) but nothing major as yet haha!
The smell really isn't bothering me at all.
I currently have heart burn, but am very relaxed! Will update if anything out of the ordinary happens lol x

Have you started your rlt yet Lexi?
Iv just uped my dose to 5 tablets a day and by 35/36 weeks will be on 6 tablets a day.

no i havent because i havent got any yet! Where did you get your tablets from?? i havent even looked if im honest, im rubbish! x

got my tablets from holland and barrett. got x2 boxes of 100 capules as there half price at the mo with £1.99 postage :) x

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this.
I will be a good student n pay attention :D

19th December 2010:

Right so I started taking raspberry leaf tea tablets at 33 weeks, 3 tablets a day.
I then up'd the dose to 4 tablets a day at 33+6
Haven't felt any different so far since taking them, but have had a few more 'breath taking' braxton hix so it might be down to this / might not?

At 33+5 I had a bath with 5 drops of clary sage oil in it, didnt get any braxton hix just made baby move and wriggle alot more and made me reaaaly relaxed, nearly fell asleep in the bath! I actually really enjoy the smell of clary sage lol

Then at 33+6 I bounced on the birthing ball while rubbing/massaging clary sage oil into my bump and sides of my back (I mixed x5 drops of clary sage with 2 teaspoons of olive oil as you cant use clary sage on its own directly onto your skin).
I got a few crampy pains very low down and felt alot of pressure low down, but I was bouncing on the ball at the time as well so might of been that? Will be trying this without the ball and see what it does. But it felt SO nice and made my skin feel so smooth!

I havent tried the perineal massage yet, but will be trying this tonight (at 34 weeks) and see how it goes/feels lol.

:D

Last edited:
19th dec from me - had another bath in clary sage today, nothing too exciting.
However last night-I had very stringy snot like discharge!! A little bit of plug? We shall see!!
Will try Perineal massage tomorrow after my bath.
Ordered raspberry lead tea yesterday. So going it comes soon! X

this is ace girls!

I have been bouncing on my ball and taking my RLT (drinking it with a teaspoon of honey and it's really lush) since 32weeks. Going to up it to two cups a day as of tomorrow. I have been getting BH throughout thte day and night since drinking it, they are dead uncomfortable but not had any painful ones.

Where do you get the Clary Sage from?

clary sage frm holland & barett hun :)
Hmmm i wonder if the rlt has more affect rather thn taking rlt tablets or do they both do the same job?
as iv not had more bh's thn normal really but ppl drinking the tea say they have? i jst haaate the taste of the tea lol

Last edited:
19th dec end of the day FIRST PERINEAL MASSAGE
Well, it's not comfortable!! This video I youtubed said out both your thumbs in and push down and round, frig I don't know how I'm going to ge a baby out of that hole. 2 thumbs? Ouch!! So ended up using one and did the similar movements :blush: it's wierd and I gave up after a few seconds, then 10 minutes later I thought "well I got to do it!" so dis it for 5 mins. It is going to take some getting used to.
I just used olive oil, was er ok. Lol. We will see if it helps! They recommend at least 4 times a week for 5 minutes from week 34 is enough to help, hope I don't create a bucket fanny! Haha!! X

:rotfl: lexi @ bucket fanny!

Im too scared to have tried it yet, seems so unnatureal putting olive oil into my foof and am scared itll sting lol

Been using clary sage oil

5 drops in the bath. Nothing yet just the norm
3 drops in my oil burner (makes u feel sleepy n slightly high)

On one cup of raspberry leaf tea. The few extra Braxton hicks about 20 mins after drinking it n loads of kicks from Lil man.

I am yet to try the massage. I don't know how I'm suppose to reach :/
Any ideas????

I'm yet to rub the clary oil on my bump......I've only got bio oil....do I have to use olive oil?

Lmfao!!!!! @ bucket fanny. Oh wow lexi, ur trying to cause me to laugh so hard I give birth on my bed!!!
Loool ur crazy as a moose!!! I love it lol

im not sure bio oil is concidered a base oil? i jst searched into wikapidea 'base oil' and it gave me a list of base oils to mix with essential oils.
do u not have any olive oil to cook with hun?

i defo find the massage does 'something', when i do it baby starts kicking lots and iv had more braxton hix than normal since doing it (not straight after using it, but a few hours later ill get more intence bh) that are more 'breath taking', but its jst so relaxing and nice to rub in!

Last edited:
No I used that in my salad on wed n forgot to buy more.
Only have sunflower oil

I'm gettin Braxton hicks that are so uncomfy that I have to get off the bed n get on my knees to breathe thru.
Pretty normal so If they get worse n painful I'm kiffed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back