The Hobby Sticky - Show Off Your Work

I am well impressed with you lot! I can't do anything like knitting, baking etc... I can cook but its hardly the same lol!

My only hobby really is bikes... I am planning on doing a bike mechanics course this year so maybe one day i'll be able to post a pic of a bike i've built :think:

For now i'll post a pic of the last bike I had... Maybe i'll update with some instructions too lol!

Tigger.jpg

HideiLu said:
This is a painting I done for our lounge

I have more that I done for the bedroom and other people, but don't have pics of them at the mo. x

Gorgeous artwork hun :)

I make cards

DSC03023.jpg

KIF_8866.jpg

HPIM3830.jpg

KIF_8968.jpg

Scrapbooks

Notagirl.jpg

nicknames1.jpg

Keyrings and altered dominoes

DSC03024.jpg
HPIM4095.jpg

Also Artist Trading Cards (ATC's) and I cross stitch sometimes. I also paint pictures with encaustic wax when the mood strikes me :)

Wow, these are all awesome :clap:

I've made quite a few bits and pieces, from bracelets to calenders, knitted bags to cakes. Also I can make lavender bottles. Will have to take some pics shortly :D

Midna...in the voice of Austin Powers... Oooh behaaaaaave :lol:

Minime said:

DSC03024.jpg
HPIM4095.jpg

Ooh I love those- I've seen them on Craftster and always wanted a go, is it hard to do?

+++

I do all sorts of things as I have a craft stall at a local market a few times a year- I mostly sell gemstone necklaces and earrings and knitted bits and bobs. Here is some of the stuff I've made for Elliott and his friends:-

Knitted sandwiches
sandwiches.jpg

Knitted and crocheted woodlouse
woodlouse5.jpg

Buggy bag/cosy toes thing
buggybag3.jpg

Crocheted cupcakes
cupcakes.jpg

Knitted Upsy Daisy (bad photo)
upseydaisy.jpg

Knitted Makka Pakka
makkapakka3.jpg

Crocheted owls
owls.jpg

Photo of a bit of my craft stall- I made the necklaces, crocheted rose brooches, cupcakes and bunny egg cosies- my Nan knitted the berets and my friend (who is standing behind it) made the rest of the things
stall1.jpg

Craft is my excuse not to do much housework ever!
+++

Rosebay said:
Minime said:

Ooh I love those- I've seen them on Craftster and always wanted a go, is it hard to do?

+++

Keyrings can be made with dominoes or some stuff called stampbord
http://www.graphicus.co.uk/prodpage.asp?ProdID=1803

Much easier using stampbord, nicer to work with. I use a tool called a cropodile to make holes in it for the ring or you can attach beads and the like. Dominoes are trickier as you need a drill to make holes (My OH wont let me loose with a drill!) and you're limited what you can use to colour on them as things easily rub off and if you stick anything on them they kinda tend to fall off easier so I dont do much with doms since I started using the stampbord.

Here's another keyring, sooooo sooo simple to make it

bordkeyring.jpg

SarahH said:
well, I love cooking and have just made the yummiest steak casserole ever - really thick yummy gravy so I thought I'd post the recipe for anyone that wants to try....

Ingredients
(for suet balls)
225g self-raising flour
110g shredded suet
Salt and ground Black Pepper
Cold water, wo mix

(for the Beef & Onion filling)
700g chuck steak, cut into cubes
3 onions, cut into quarters
1 tbsp beef dripping
1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp Dried Mixed Herbs
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp tomato puree
425ml Beef Stock
225g Mushrooms, sliced

Method

Prepare the suet pastry for the dumplings. Sift flour and add the suet season with salt and pepper and mix lightly with your hands.
Add a little of the cold water at a time and mix with a knife, until it begins to come together and make an elasticy dough. Leave the dough for 5-10min then shape into small dumpling sized balls.

To make the filling, put the beef dripping into a large pan over a medium heat and fry the onions for 5min until they are soft. Add the cubed steak and brown lightly. Add the flour and stir in well then add the herbs. Stir in the Worcestshire Sauce and the tomato puree, followed by the beef stock (a little at a time). Add the mushrooms and simmer on the hob for 2hrs until the steak is really tender.

Preheat the oven to 200c. Transfer the filling into a pie dish and cover with the suet balls. Bake for another 30-40min until the dumplings are golden coloured.

Serve and enjoy :D

YUM!!!!
that sounds really, really nice! i am going to try that in the week, i love cooking too.

well after chatting to lisa about sewing these last few weeks i wanted a go. my mum gave me her old sewing machine out of the garage and i made this.... first thing ive ever made :cheer:

IMG_4293.jpg

some reminder bracelets i made the other day

nursingbracelt014.jpg

some ear rings

FizzyMelonStock043.jpg

FizzyMelonStock040.jpg

my latest thing im working on

rose_long_scan_002.jpg

love doing manga art too

artworknew017.jpg

and my delivery of beads i got last week, cant wait to get stuck in with this lot

IMG_4261.jpg

I am really, really impressed with all this artwork! You guys are all so creative! I used to paint, draw and write poetry and stories but I don't really do any of that anymore, it's a bit sad. I'd really like to get back into it again, having a hobby is so good for the soul 8)

WOW! You ladies are so talanted! You have to open shops to sell your stuff :dance: :D

This thread has inpired me to get creative again so im doin some cross stitch at mo :D

I wana learn to make all this stuff, i only do art and dont have a sewing machine :(

Rosebay said:
Crocheted cupcakes
cupcakes.jpg

I neeeeeed to learn how to crochet. Those cupcakes are another of my to-dos now :D People keep telling me it's easier than knitting but they lie :evil:

I made Finn some pictures for his room - I got rid of the sparkly silver FINLAY as it ran when I stood it upright!

They look basic - like a 5 yr old did them - but they do match his room! I used his border.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back