The Hobby Sticky - Show Off Your Work

I research my family tree - no pics but you can see my website: http://www.nryonline.co.uk/phpgedview it has also meant that I am becoming the keeper of family photos and other old bits of paper etc. I'm quite passionate about it and get overly excited about anything old that has a link to my family LOL.

Thanks Magic.
Becky thats so cool, i love the snippet facts at the bottom of the page!
My uncle is into all the geneology stuff, after a clairvoyant reading a name came up from the family history, so i told uncle chris and next time he was up this way he brought the papers and showed me this name about 3 generations ago, so interesting! xx

Its a bit late but I stitched this

TiggerDecoration.jpg

Thats cute, i stitched one very similar on red aida for an exchange :clap:

Lol Tigger was enough for me, cute as he was. I'm now having to master a biscornu for my next challenge :think:

They look hard to me, well the stitching up of them does. I saw some gorgeous ones at the stitching show in november! I was really tempted but I can't justify buying anything else until I've finished everything I've started :oops:

They look hard to me too!! Apparently they are quiet easy but i will let u know when i have finished it lol. You just need two bits of aida the exact same size and u stitch either 1 or boths sides then stitch them up. i have to post it by 14 feb so i will give u a verdict by then :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I might go finish my pooh now only the backstitch to do but it's horrible! I hate anchor kits too because they never have enough thread

Haha i don't mind the backstitch coz i know its nearly finished then, i stitched tigger in dmc coz i dont have many anchor threads, they don't seem to sit right for me somehow?

Haha thats odd, well I finished it. Was a pain in the rear tho! Will post piccie later

Hello :wave:

I made this yesterday, I have just bought a new sewing machine and this is the first proper thing I have made. It's a scrap bag so you can chuck all of the loose threads in the bag part and has a magnet and pin cushion on top. It also sits on the sofa arm so is perfect for when i'm sewing in front of the telly.

I originally bought this as a kit but am keeping the instructions so I can make more as presents.

scrapbagmade24thJan09.jpg

Lorna that's lovely!

I wish I could do something like that!

Thanks.

It took me the best part of a day though and I broke 2 sewing machine needles :doh: If you look at it closely it's not as neat as I hoped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back