The family - Channel 4

laetitia85

Reaction score
Who watched it?
I watched some of it (beginning, and the end).
I thought it was a bit disappointing. The mum is too camera-aware, she appears slightly fake. The next episodes need to have a bit more action, I reckon. :bored: :bored: :bored:

I watched it, I found it a bit weird with no commentary, then again I am a BB fan so getting used to another reality show so soon after is a bit hard.

I found it a bit false and I agree the Mum did seem to act up to the camera. She also seems like a miserable sod, going all moody cos she reached 40, nowt wrong with being 40 :wink: I will give it another go next week though

I liked it. The girl Emily reminds me of myself when I was that age :oops:

I watched it.
Half way through got a phonecall of my dad asking if i was watching it, him and my mum were sat laughing to themselfs at the memories....... apparently i was like the stroppy teenager only with a few more swear words and cheek........lol.... me never :angel:

Its not a real documentry is it? I thought it was a drama filmed as if it is a documentary? :think:

Well whatever it is i turned it off afer 15 mins as it bred me shitless!!!

Yeah it's a family willing to be filmed to show people of typical family life, i think.
The mum was always undermining the dad. The girl wound me up badly. When they were saying "I'm fed up of you not paying keep, not helping with the house, and just going out" To her reply "Why?"
I think it's coz i was so well behaved and had been paying my way and doing proper housework since i was 16. At her age i was paying a mortgage!
Dunno, seems a bit acted and played upto the camera a bit. I know i couldn't be myself in front of one!

I watched the last half.

TBH they need to wake up and realise they have a teenage daughter.. they were so dramatic about it, like it was the worst thing in the world she was leaving the house at 11pm... she's 19 FFS, I was always going out that late, and later from about 17, whats the problem? They were going to bed anyway, why did she need to stay in the house?

I caught the end of this but found it quite annoying. The mum seemed fake, the dad was constantly undermined and the daughter wasnt saying that much. Dont think its something i will be getting into somehow.. shame cos i had high hopes for it!

Claire x

Urchin said:
I watched the last half.

TBH they need to wake up and realise they have a teenage daughter.. they were so dramatic about it, like it was the worst thing in the world she was leaving the house at 11pm... she's 19 FFS, I was always going out that late, and later from about 17, whats the problem? They were going to bed anyway, why did she need to stay in the house?

That's what I thought. And why the heck were they giving her a bollocking about skipping work? it's not very sensible, but she's 19, if she wants to skip work there's not much they can do about it,short of throwing her out. She's an adult and she can take responsibility for pulling a sicky. Talk about helicopter parents

I wasn't sure what to make of it really but I'll probably end up watching it again next week!

zebrastripes said:
Urchin said:
I watched the last half.

That's what I thought. And why the heck were they giving her a bollocking about skipping work? it's not very sensible, but she's 19, if she wants to skip work there's not much they can do about it,short of throwing her out. She's an adult and she can take responsibility for pulling a sicky. Talk about helicopter parents

lol - i actually agreed with her parents and although i didn't think they handled it very well, i thought they had a good point.

emily was skiiving off work with a phantom illness but out clubbing every night; she's living under her parents' roof, therefore i think they have every right to express their opinion on her behaviour (which i thought was pretty immature for a 19 year old). TBH if she wants to be treated like an adult she should behave like one.

i was a bit of an angelic teenager though (at least as far as my parents were concerned :angel: :shhh: :lol: ) so i don't really get that sort of attitude...

purple13 said:
zebrastripes said:
Urchin said:
I watched the last half.

lol - i actually agreed with her parents and although i didn't think they handled it very well, i thought they had a good point.

emily was skiiving off work with a phantom illness but out clubbing every night; she's living under her parents' roof, therefore i think they have every right to express their opinion on her behaviour (which i thought was pretty immature for a 19 year old). TBH if she wants to be treated like an adult she should behave like one.

i was a bit of an angelic teenager though (at least as far as my parents were concerned :angel: :shhh: :lol: ) so i don't really get that sort of attitude...

Of course her behaviour is somewhat idiotic, but at the end of the day, she's 19 and going out at night is her own choice. The skiving is stupid: but they did handle it wrongly because she is an adult now, it's not like she's bunking off school.

I agree that as she's living under their roof she should abide by their rules, as long as those rules have been reached by family discussion leading to compromise everyone's happy with.
Otherwise, if she's still getting on their tits, they should politely inform her that she can leave :lol:

we auditioned for this show with a researcher on the phone, so this show was going to be closely watched by me as we didnt get on :twisted:
i thought it was brilliant, think they are a great family, although Emily is a very immature 19 yr old.
i had a 3 month old baby & a flat to look after at 19, she cant even go to work when she should :roll:

we shall be watching next week again, Rich did think it was a bit :bored: though!

I remember my parents having a go at me for the same thing but i was 16- i used to phone up work sick and then go out drinking, i was also too hungover to go to college sometimes but by the time i was 19 i had grown up. I still went out nearly every night but i worked and paid my parents rent. I would drag myself to work and just suffer if i had a hangover as it was my own fault. That girl does need to learn responsibility shes a bit too immature for her age.
I thought that they dealt with it in a strange way..really laying into her and then cuddling her and backing down.

Interesting in parts but i hope it gets less boring next week..Stewart watched it with me and said the mum is a moody so and so and never seems to lift a finger he can't see why the dad wants to stay married to her..lol

I watched it last night on the catch up, and I think it will be quite good. I did think it seemed a bit staged in places but I think the way it was filmed didn't help. The girl is unbelievable, I thought she was about 16-17 the way she was going on, but I agree the parents didn't seem like they knew what they were doing and were too aware of the cameras.

Will watch again tonight :D

i didnt watch last nights ep. does any one know when it is going to be repeated?

They're all very moody. They hardly ever smile. But I'm getting more and more into it.

Jayla's mummy you can catch up online channel4.com

I'm watching the latest one on Sky+ and OMG will that dad SHUT UP MOANING for 2 minutes pleeeeease!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back