the cats out the bag!

littlesmoosh

Reaction score
ive let the whole world know my secret! i just got far too excited, and i know alot of women like to wait til the 12 week scan to let people know their news but so far my pregnancy has went along really smoothly and im trying really hard to think positive thoughts. so by telling all my friends and family ive had an enormous amount of congratulations and support which has made me feel really great. has anyone else told everyone?

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited:
I've told my family but only because we had IVF & needed the support. Were waiting till 12 weeks to tell all our friends and work colleagues just in case but I've had 3 scans now so hopefully bub will be fine.
Each to there own though, my friend told everyone as soon as she got her BFP with both her pregnancies & she had no problems.

so happy for you that the IVF worked for you! congratulations on your pregnancy!
dont blame you for waiting to tell people! i completely understand why you, and most women do!
im just far too excited to keep it to myself.. never could keep a secret!
glad to hear all three scans went well, wishing you luck :) xx

Mine and my husband's family know, plus a few close friends although the list does seem to be growing! It is still a secret though and won't make it official until after the scan x x

I told everyone the first time round because the morning sickness was hard to hide and I was so excited! Then we got to our 12 week scan and our baby had died. It was devastating, but perhaps made slightly easier by the fact that everyone knew and were so supportive. But I felt extremely ashamed and embarrassed, I knew that things were so delicate until after 12 weeks regardless of how good the pregnancy was going and wish I hadn't told anyone. Second time around only my parents and husband knew so it wasn't so bad when I miscarried again. This time round only husband knows. I'll tell my parents at 12 weeks (if all is well) and wait until 20 to tell friends I dont see that often. But that's just me. I'm sure everything will be absolutely brilliant with yours - so congratulations and enjoy it!

I told my family and close friends straight away, I'm too close with them not to share it :) i even told them all we were trying. It's too exciting not to! But I've not told everyone, we are waiting til the 12wk scan and then it will be shared with the world yay!! I don't see anything wrong with telling people early, because even if the worst does happen they are all going to be supportive and comforting, everyone knows these things can happen so nobody would look down on you.
Frankie sorry to hear of ur losses, can totally understand why you want to keep it to yourself til further along. Xxxx

We've told my parents and a fewclose friends but that's it. I've purposely not said anything as I want to surprise everyone. The scan is the day before my birthday so it'll be a very nice birthday pressie xx

I've told a handful of people now on a need-to-know basis. To be honest it's becoming less of a secret, but I don't want it to be public just in case things go wrong - wouldn't want random people knowing that I'd had a MC. However, I'm feeling much more positive that everything's going to be ok and there is no reason why it shouldn't be! xx

i had mc in aug, and got caught stright away with this one. few people knew about the 1st, but told more people around6-8 weeks with this one. my husband couldnt keep his gob shut.lol
but scan showd baby is ok.

I had a partial molar pregnancy before and with this one I really wanted to keep it quiet until after 12 week scan, but as I live in a very small close knit community as soon as I went out for a couple of evenings without having a drink they all started speculating! Anyway hubbie couldn't keep it to himself and told everyone! He even went so far as to put it on facebook!! That was last weekend and I have had loads of congratulations which has made me feel great but I can't help but worry a little incase something goes wrong again x

We didnt put anything on fb until the scan photo.
didnt tell my bro until the night of the scan... long story...(dont like his wife)
everyone knew with me cause it was our mates 30th and i didnt drink i was saying i had a 'water infection' and ive stoped smoking as well.... so people new stright away.

how far are u? i was really worried but my symptions are worse with this one. and the BFP line was darker.

My SIL, sister and best mate know but that's it. I would've burst if i hadn't told anyone but we are waiting until the 12 weeks scan to tell everyone else. It is getting harder and harder to keep it a secret though, I think my MIL knows as she keeps commenting on me not drinking and I think she's desperate for one of us to confirm it. My OH has nearly slipped up a few times so we shall see how long it actually stays under wraps :) xxx

We told our families the day we found out, we did the same the first time too. A few other people know too. I don't really mind people knowing because whatever happens, happens!!

xxxx

I told a few people when I got pregnant first time round. Then when it went bad having to tell them I'd miscarried was truly awful to do.

This time round I did not tell people until after the 12 week scan, parents included. I have yet to tell some of my friends now at 20 weeks, though I'm sure it has spread on the grapevine lol.

sorry to hear about some of your losses :(
can only hope that all goes well for each and every one of us.
i will be absolutely devastated if i miscarry, but i think id rather people knew what the deal was. cause i reckon if i do miscarry il just lock myself in the house for a long time, so at least people will know what the problem is and to be sensitive about it i suppose. just praying this isnt the case though.
im 8weeks today. but theres a possibility i might actually be more like 10-11 weeks on. its a long story. my last period was abit late. and i took a test cause i had lots of symptoms but the test was negative (as it can be for first two weeks). then because i thought i wasnt pregnant i took the pill for three days cause decided i didnt want me period over a weekend. then came off pill and period came but was light. continued to have symptoms but never thought anything of it. then when next period was late by a few weeks took tests which were positive. so i could be 8 or theres a possibility i could be 10+. my stepmum is a nurse and she reckons im 10+. and i have a feeling i might be. ive got a bump that seems to be getting bigger all the time, because im quite slim its really easy to see the difference in my tummy. so dont just think its water retention!

xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

just a handful of people know til after that scan even then i still wanna keep it fairly quiet i think, worrying way too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back