~The Breakfast Club~

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by Urchin, May 16, 2008.

1. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I'm CRAP at remembering to eat breakfast, I go weeks at a time not having any and I know its meant to be the most important meal blah blah blah.

Surely I can't be the only one? I'm going to post in here every time I have breakfast as an incentive, does anyone want to join me?

Hopefully I'll post more in here than I do "fruit of the day"
    :oops:

2. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

I'll join i'm rubbish at remembering to have breakfast as well. Some days it is lunch time before I realise I haven't had any.
    Although today I did have a bowl of Museli.

3. emeraldsroses

emeraldsroses Well-Known Member

I have to eat breakfast, especially now that I'm both TTC and fighting off a UTI with medication. I too used to go without eating breakfast, but now it's become a habit, even if I only manage to eat a Special K bar :lol:

4. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

I was skipping breakfast until i started weight watchers and since eating breakfast I have felt the benefits of having more energy and genrally not eeling sluggish and it stops me eating crap too! I have a cooked breakfast every morn and though i know its not possible for everyone ram some cereal down your throats.

5. kazlin

kazlin Well-Known Member

I'll join in. I always miss breakfast now which is stupid as I felt much better when I ate it! :roll: :)

6. HappyAlice

HappyAlice Well-Known Member

I'll join in too...
    Can we add pics too :cheer: :think:

7. poppy160

poppy160 Well-Known Member

I usually don't eat breakfast but I have been having these mini shredded wheat things with apricot inside them (from Sainsburys) They're well nice!

8. MissThing

MissThing Well-Known Member

I loooooooooooooove my breakfast!!!!! Organic porridge with fresh strawberries, a bit of vannila, some nuts and couple of prunes! mega healthy and sooooooooooooo tasty! ( I make it with skimmed milk and a bit of Splenda and just a wee bit of salt) :dance: :D :D :D

9. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

Before I had my baby I never used to eat breakfast (could always manage a bacon buttie at about 11 am though :D ). Since LO was born though I can hardly contain myself - I nearly eat breakfast at the 5am feed I am so hungry. I actually look forward to fruit and fibre!!! It's become a bit of a ritual now usually whilst watching Frasier on Channel 4!
    I've also started to have Activia yoghurts - saw the adverts too many times!!

Gene
    xxx

10. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I did it! I had shreddies! :cheer:

LOL

11. kazlin

kazlin Well-Known Member

Just had two Weetabix :D

12. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

choco muesli for me... I've been eating an oat type brekkie since having lil miss to keep my milk up...before I could go all day even when preggers and not eat anything till tea time :D

13. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

Today i had a Croissant :D

14. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

im usually quite good at breakfast on my SAHM days, as its routine to feed millie hers anyway then i often let her play and get myself some cereal (either rice krispies with a squirt of acacia honey over them or a sachet of those mornflake golden syrup porridge portions)

but im afraid on the 3 days i go to work my "breakfast" will be a can of pepsi, a tube of smarties or a packet of chocolate buttons :oops: or i have been known to eat 3 fab lollys :oops:

today i had the porridge for breakie. and i had krispies for lunch (and tea as well, actually! in a cereal mood lol)

15. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

i had crunchy nut corn flakes today :)

16. kazlin

kazlin Well-Known Member

Weetabix again :)

17. amethyst_echidna

amethyst_echidna Well-Known Member

I wanted to post here on a breakfast-related topic if you'll indulge me.

I ALWAYS eat breakfast as I can't actually start my day without it - I don't function properly! :lol: I always have 4 Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk and a small cup of tea (although recently I've switched to a glass of milk or some fruit juice an hour later because of the caffeine). However, we'll be moving to San Francisco in about 2-3 months and I've no idea what I'll eat - a friend told me that they don't have Weetabix there (it's similar but it's frosted - UGH!) and nor do they have Shreddies (again, only frosted). I need other healthy breakfast ideas please!

AMETHYST

18. kazlin

kazlin Well-Known Member

Weetabix again :)

I'll be trying out those new Coco Pops Moon and Stars when I see them...I love Coco Pops and I love the moon and stars, so perfect for me! :lol: How sad am I! :lol:

19. chickadee1976

chickadee1976 Well-Known Member

I was a total weetabix freak before being preggers.

Now i cant see past a big bowl of Choco hoops. And thats anytime of the day .

Used to hate them cos were so sweet ...very very tasty

20. clarey

clarey Well-Known Member

Fruit and fibre with strawberries and a few blueberries for me although i have managed to dribble milk over me and LO trying to eat my brekkie and browse the forum one handed lol. I get seriously grumpy if i miss breakfast its my fave meal of the day :lol: