The battle against the leg cramps......

Sarah13

Reaction score
Not sure how many more crappy nights sleep I can take with constant leg cramping! Been getting them on and off since about 20 weeks but the last week has been terrible! They go right from my hips to my toes and nothing I've tried seems to help, massage and stretching helps when they strike but I want to prevent them in the first place! Any more tips or old wives tales I can try today?

Hi hun, I don't know if it will help but I've always been told tonic water is good for cramps or quinine tablets (don't know if they're safe to take in pregnancy tho?). Maybe give that a go and see? Hope it helps, sleeping is hard enough these days without cramps too!! xx

If I stand on the offending leg, the pain goes instantly. No one ever takes my advice tho lol!! Xx

lol! Not heard that one but worth a try!! xx

Sorry to hear that you have been having leg cramps. I used to get them really bad before I was pregnant but have learnt to control them when they hit. As soon as you feel one coming on, pull your toes towards your head. Never point them downwards. It will stop the cramp in its tracks. As for preventing them to begin with, I'm not able to suggest anything, sorry.

I agree stand on the leg that hurts it works! I LOVE stretching in bed but if I try and stretch my leg even slightly it feels like the back of my leg muscle is being ripped to shreds!!! :mad: so annoying!!!
The only thing that works is to stand on it.. I don't know why..
It's agonizing!!

Thanks for the tips, Ill try standing, just a pain when your tucked up in bed! The pointing toes towards head helps, just want to not get them in the first place! Going to drink lots of tonic water again today, tried it before but I hate the taste! Got some lime juice to put in it!

Yeah I hate having to get up :mad: but it's better than curling up and screaming 'AAARRGGHH OH GOD!!! *€$*¥*##€$¥*!!!!!!' lol!

That is true! Your awake anyway! My poor hubby gets a fright every night!

looooool

I get bum cramp, right at my hip. Exactly at the bit that always gets sore, must be to do with the muscles or something.

:)

That is true! Your awake anyway! My poor hubby gets a fright every night!

My OH crapped himself the first time I done it :lol:

Haha butt cramp haha!!! Sorry it must b painful but it sounds funny :p

Happens when i'm walking too, near enough end up on the floor - stupid hip.

Tis just the one bum cheek too loooooool

OH thinks its hillarious when I go on about pelvic/hip pain, keeps making annoying jokes looool

No stupid jokes about Elvis whenever i mention my pelvis.

He introduced me to a new friend the other day & called me Elvis - and when I walk out the room he says Elvis has left the building.

loooool

I get them a lot too, always at night but I can't really do the stretching because when I do I get muscle spasms, the muscle always pops out of the back of my calf and omg the pain!!! and it hurts for days after too :wall2:

& he keeps singing that shakira song - hips dont lie.

loooool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back