Thats it ive had enough!

violet-glow

Reaction score
We've tried EVERYTHING trying to get Zack to listen to us and be at the very least a semi-good boy, but he wont :cry:

We've tried ignoring him, praising him, shouting at him, using a naughty chair and corner, taping him on his hand... etc. Nothing seems to work. He either laughs in our faces or just doesnt listen when we tell him off.

Hes at his worst when I start making dinner. He runs about trying to get my attention, so I try and get him involved, but that last about 5 seconds. OH has tried keeping his attention while I cook, but they just end up having a shouting match :roll:

When Zack gets his dinner, he cant sit there and eat it, he will mess about and just not eat. He has 2 bites and says hes full :x I havent been giving him sweets etc during the day. If he wants to nibble on something we give him fruit. All I get from my mum is that hes a 'normal' 2 year old :wall:

The one good thing I can say is that hes good as gold when we go to someones house. Does the obbvious things a 2 year old does though and trys picking everything up, but thats expected.

OH and I just feel we've tried everything now and nothing seems to be working.

Anyone else having problems?? Or anyone know what to suggest, apart from selling him on ebay lol :lol: ...joking I wouldnt do that :angel:

Awwww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
didn't want to read and run hun!!!
i've got all this soon haven't i???

You seem to have tried everything

What about a reward chart????
clicky
these look really good and i have bought stickers from her before and service is excellent

Good luck and all i can say is persevere (sp?)
:hug: :hug:

:think: oOOo didnt think of that. Thanks hun what a great idea!!

Will ask OH and see what he thinks :D

:hug: xx

:hug: Oh hun, so sorry he is giving you such trouble.
When my maddie was 2ish she wouldn't eat either. And was just terrible at the table. My doc said if she won't eat don't make her. Just move her away from the table so she cannot bother everyone else and don't feed her snacks. And when she gets hungry she WILL eat at the next meal.

As far as his behavior I don't know what to tell you. My girls are so wild and do't listen to a thing I say. :? :? :?

Best of luck, if you find something that works let me know.
Colleen

Naughty little Zack!! (Love the name hun, thats what we are prob going to call our LO :) )

Hopefully he is just being a terrible two :pray:

hi dont know if this is much help but im a nursery nurse and work with 2 year olds. He sounds like typical 2 year old. I cant understand what its like to be a parent and be with him all the time.

At 2 children become very frustrated with themselves because they see other children/ adults doing things they want to do. how is his speech and physical skills (i.e- walking/running)?

They need to be keep entertained all the time imagine 12 in 1 room :roll: , they love to keep busy and occupied all the time they have such a short memory span bless them they dont know what they want half the time.

All i can really say is perservere with it as most children will grow out of it by 3. When he is showing the behaviour you want to see praise him a lot, a lot of parents i work with find it hard to say no and tell their children off (please dont get the wrong idea im not aiming this at you just saying it in general) its repretition (sp) really just doing over and over again reinforcing it.

Does he go to nursery or a play group at all just a couple of mornings a week make a lot of difference, if this is possible.

I dont know if much of this has made much sense so sorry if its not been of much use. If you need any other info you can PM me anytime.

Take care :D x x

When Mason went through a stage like this with his food, he'd say he didn't want it, I'd give him a few more minutes, if he was still playing up I'd pick up his food and chuck it in the bin.

He HATED that!

I think at first they always expect to be offered something else, like dessert or something, but NEVER back down, it's his dinner or NOTHING else.

Whenever I said to Mason his would be thrown away he'd run after me begging for his dinner back. That taught him hehe!

Thanks girls. :D :hug:

Were trying yet another approach at the moment. He had a massive screaming fit last night. Cant even remember what it was about, something really stupid which he screamed over probably. Anyway we tried the naughty corner again. He wouldnt stay there so we put him back about 100 times in total :wall: So I decided to try talking to him softly again, weather he would listen or not. I told him I didnt like him being a naughty boy and wanted he to be a good boy so he could get lots of nice cuddles and nice things and if he was a naughty boy he wouldnt get anything etc. Our little talk 'seems' to be working at the moment but only time will tell. Hopefully he would of calmed down by the time baby gets here. Will keep you up dated lol :D

Have you tried getting down to his level, and restraining him and telling him why he is in trouble, have you got room you could put him in so that he cant move away from it, maybe they are too young to understand the naughty step thing i dont know im not there yet, i'm just trying to think what super nanny would do
She has her own behaviour forum which might offer some advice. i think its call b4 u go ga ga have a search for that.

Violet, here's another tip...I always say to Mason "That's what a naughty boy would do, and you're a GOOD boy aren't you"

I never tell him he's naughty because I think if you keep telling a child they are naughty they will start to think of themselves that way.

P.S. I'm not saying you are telling him he's naughty, you might not be, I'm just giving a tip :)

urchin said:
Violet, here's another tip...I always say to Mason "That's what a naughty boy would do, and you're a GOOD boy aren't you"

I never tell him he's naughty because I think if you keep telling a child they are naughty they will start to think of themselves that way.

P.S. I'm not saying you are telling him he's naughty, you might not be, I'm just giving a tip :)

Just to add on to what Urchin has said at school we were taught to tell children it is the Behaviour that is bad/naughty/ that we don't like, then re-enforce that with the behaviour you would like to see.

Just an idea hun as i know how frustrating it can be and it is so easy to use the 'wrong' words and therfore not get a great reaction

hope that makes sense

btw Urchin did you make my link 'clicky'? I always forget how to do that, is it in tech support?

urchin said:
I always say to Mason "That's what a naughty boy would do, and you're a GOOD boy aren't you"

Thats what ive been trying today, great minds think alike eh lol

If he does something naughty today ive been saying 'Thats what naughty boys do and you dont want to be a naughty boy do you' I keep telling him good boys get nice things and naughty boys get nothing and if hes a good boy he'll get nice things.

Its sinking in ...slowly. :dance:

Wonder how long it will last though :roll:

Hun u will get there! Jaycee can be a right little monster, but she LIKES going in the corner to chill out lol! She goes there herself now when she gets wound up! So cute.. just sits there.. huffing and sighing lol!
If i talk to her like an adult, calmly and softly, she understands. I dont even try to 'word it' so she can understand, i treat her like a big girl so she might act like one lol! She doesnt like things dumbed down even tho shes only 2 lol! I keeps correcting my OH when he tells her off, like today she was going in the first aid box while he got a plaster, and he was teling her 'NO! You cant go in there! No!'' and i said at least tell her WHY!! And he was like, dont be stupid she doesnt know..so i let him try and calm her..she was SCREAMING!! and he was getting angry with her (which she can sense-which makes it worse!!) so i took her away from him and sat with her on my knee and said 'honey you cant go in there because there are things that can hurt you in there. Only mummies and daddies can go in there because we know whats safe and what isnt' and she said ok, sorry mummy and gave me a cuddle and went and played with her toys! His face was a kodak moment!! So funny!!
Its all in calmness too, all children and babies, no matter what age can sense everything!!
Just find something that will get thru to him and stick with it. Also Jaycee doesnt have any sweets. Especialy thngs with E numbers in them. Fruit shoots are bad with her too! Gave her one shopping and she went nuts!! She loves her fruit and loves her dinner. She gets what she's given for dinner and if she doesnt eat it, its in the bin!! Like Mason (urchin's) she did NOT like it!! Was sad to watch but i didnt give in and now she doesnt say she's full, til she is!
Wow, long post.. :shhh:
He'll grow out of it hun, u just need a system he understands :hug:

jo said:
btw Urchin did you make my link 'clicky'? I always forget how to do that, is it in tech support?

Yeah sorry that was me :oops: It was stretching the page loads so I edited it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back