I have a toddler who refuses to give up his comforts..

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Any advice woyuld be appreciated here..
My 3 year old is 4 in july and due to start school in september, yet he refuses to give up his dummy and blanket.. i have tried reducing his blanket to small sections which seems to have helped so instead of carrying this big peice hes only got a small bit,
i need him to give up these before he starts school as im worried he will be picked on etc, any one give me any tips on how to get him to give these up... :wall:

have u thought of him giving it to someone IE santa

someone i know her son still had a dummy at 4 so got him to give it to santa and santa gave him an extra lil presant for it
he hasnt asked for it since

i know its to early in the yr but could u do summit else in that line depending on wot ur son likes
good luck tho hun

he won't take his dummy or blanket to school so he won't get picked on. let him have them when he comes home for bed. :)

hes still only little. let him keep his comforts.

thanks sarah, i have tried saying why dont you give it to the dummy fairy, it worked for 1 day, i think because his brother has one hes finding it harder to give up, he has however today left it on his bed all day, then as soon as nannie came to collect him for th night he popped it in his mouth...
Going to be really stuck if this baby has a dummy, my option is to not let new baby have 1 i suppose, maybe he will think about his dummy when he actually starts school and see's non of his friends have got one.. hoping that will teach him he cant have it..

thanks budge, i am intending him to let him keep them for bed, but he attends nursery full time and insists on taking them there, thats why im worried he wont get out of it before starting school...
:lol:

sunshinestars said:
thanks budge, i am intending him to let him keep them for bed, but he attends nursery full time and insists on taking them there, thats why im worried he wont get out of it before starting school...
:lol:

ahhh i see. i would ban him from taking his dummy and blanket to nursery but id have them ready for him when he came out :lol: but then again im a softy.

i just think its not worth the upset. its not like they are going to attend secondry school with a dummy is it :lol: :lol:

thats what i thought about doing, i have trial run it before, and he got so upset in the car, i gave in .. will try again though now hes that little bit older...

ella is 2 1/2 and she never asked to take her dummy to nursery but i wouldnt have let her, what would happen if he didnt take them?

Im sure he would forget about them there

Hiya

Willow has a HUmphrey elephant and a dummy but when she goes to playscholl itell her not to bring him as we wouldn't want to lose him the fear of losing him normally works and she doesn't really bother about her dummy unless she is tired.

I did have a cousin who had a dummy till about 6 but she wouldn't have it at school once she started and realised no one else had one she was too embarressed and only used it at dinner times and at home, so i'm sure he'll realise in the end they all do just some a bit later than others :)

He would cry for it, but im sure he would forget it, going to start on monday properly, will keep u posted how we get on! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back