• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thats it. I've decided.

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
I'm usually out and about every day cos I hate bring cooped up, but I'm becoming a recluse for the next couple of days. Henry has hardly slept the past couple of nights so I've gotta start gettin him in a routine and puttin him to sleep in his Moses basket (may even try his big boy cot for naps so he gets used to it and Moses at nighttime). It won't be long before he will be in his cot in his own room but I'm not ready for that yet.

It's startin from now too. He was up at 7, had a nappy change and is now eating. He will now sleep for a while which lets me shower fnd get dressed. Then when he wakes I change his clothes. Will then have some interactive time with him.

What do u/did u do with ur lo's when awake at this age? He plays on his playmat and has tummy time but I'm all out of ideas after that. Help! Lol!

Leave him to play a while on his mat it's good to teach them to play on their own. I play horsie and bounce him up and down on my knee and put him on a blanket to practice his rolling

Hi Hun I know exactly how you feel! With sam I read him a book, sing to him, snuggles, carry him and generally talk to him. He has his bouncer and play mat he has loads if toys but isn't too interested yet x

Same as pinky plus tickling around their head and arms and legs with a feather or so soft fabric is good for them.
I also read to O and have done since he was about 3 weeks although now he chats thru it and tries to eat the book lol

That's all you need I'd say as you don't want to over stimulate.

This is Sophie's routine;

5:30 - nappy change then bottle and back to bed.
8 am - nappy change then bottle and then sometime spent propping her up on my knees and we have a chat. She then gets whingy and I get her to have some more sleep at about half 9, if she doesn't have a sleep then we go on the playmat.
10 am - I wake her up and we go to the farm. Leave the farm at about half 11 and she's usually awake the entire time we are there and falls asleep on the way home.
12 pm - we have another bottle and sit and have a cuddle or she goes on her playmat.
Half 1/2 - she's ready for a big sleep again.
4:30pm - she wakes up and sits and watches me in the kitchen while she's in her bouncer. We then have another bottle and go to the farm.
6:30pm - back from the farm and again she watches while I finish making tea and then she sits in her bouncer while we eat it.
Between 7 and a half 7 - depending on how whingy she is and how quick I eat my tea I take her upstairs and get her ready for her bath and she's then usually in bed for the night from between 8 and half 8 depending what time we started.

Throughout the day I spend a lot of time speaking to her while we are in the car etc.

Thanks ladies

What happens when u have things planned for the day? Like tomorrow we t goin to a bumps and babies group that starts at half 1, Tuesday we r goin toy shopping, Wednesday we have our 6 week check and then a trip to bluewater for shopping. All I can see is that the routine will fall out the window. I'm very tempted to just let what happens durin the day happen and have a bedtime routine only. Does that work?

I don't go with a strict routine, I just try to aim for feed, activity sleep. Littlemiss posted a link about resettling and the web has a routine for a 6week old so I use it as a rough guide. Like for a 3hourly routine they have about 45mins activity, so I put G down after that. I didn't want too strict a routine cos I figured this like appointments or outings would disrupt them a lot more.

This morning G has just been fed, so her wake time will be getting dressed etc for church, she usually likes to sit up during service and get cuddles, so will prob fall asleep. Then get fed when we come home, prob put her on her mat then into basket - it technically means she'll miss a nap while out this morning, but I know she'll sleep some of the time we're out, and I'll just go back into the cycle when we get home. Xxx

Ok.

Henry must've been really tired. He woke at 7, had a new bum and a feed and slept for 2 hours. He then woke up, had yet another new bum and was signalling he was hungry, so he is feeding now and falling asleep. It dies mean I can have a shower in peace tho!

yeah iv been wondering the same, sometimes she just looks at me like im a weirdo when i try play with her to get her to laugh

also finding day time routiene too complicated so just gonna get the bed time one sorted and just let her eat and sleep and play as it happens durig the day

Thanks ladies

What happens when u have things planned for the day? Like tomorrow we t goin to a bumps and babies group that starts at half 1, Tuesday we r goin toy shopping, Wednesday we have our 6 week check and then a trip to bluewater for shopping. All I can see is that the routine will fall out the window. I'm very tempted to just let what happens durin the day happen and have a bedtime routine only. Does that work?

I pretty much do this Carly and to tell the truth Ariel has figured out his own routine and I'm led by him. But because I'm led by him I've found going out during the day pretty easy because it doesn't really disrupt either of us. If he's sleepy he sleeps in tge carrier, if he's awake he looks around, if he needs a feed a stop at a cafe and feed/ change him. For round the house I've started using the moby wrap to get chores done when he's sleeping and so when he's awake we play! The only routine we have is a bedtime one because he now without fail falls asleep at 7.30 but was beginning to get grizzly from 7 because he was overatumulated and babies don't know how to switch off. I now bath him at six, give him a massage, pop him in his grobag and vest, lullaby dance with him and then he's ready for a feed and sleep. It's been working wonders and is great bonding time too.

I don't generally have a set routine during the day but the routine above is if we are mostly in all day which is very rare.

When we are out I let her sleep whenever she wants and make sure I have a rough idea Of when she has had a bottle and take a couple with me just incase we are out for a while. I also take one with me even if we aren't going to be out for long but are quite far away from home incase we break down or get stuck in traffic or something.

I think the most important routine that you really need to concentrate on is the bedtime routine! I know a lot of people put baby to bed later on at night so that they are more likely to sleep through but then it makes me wonder how they are going to get bedtime earlier and if it wouldn't just be easier in the long run to just have an early bedtime from the beginning and then just wait till baby starts sleeping through even if it means you still have to get up a few times in the night until they start dropping night feeds.

We've had a bedtime routine from about 3 weeks old, but are only just getting into a daytime routine. I'm letting lo let me know when he wants to nap but it's starting to be at the same times everyday. His morning nap time will probably coincide with our baby groups but I can always take him home if he starts to really whinge. I'm back to work in 5 weeks so need to have a daytime routine down by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back