Tesco pregnancy tests...

Lis32

Reaction score
Hi there... I'm hoping someone can help me. Has anyone used tesco own brand pregnancy test? And now some background...!

My last period was 29/12. I'm not sure about the one before that but I think 4 weeks-ish. I tested on Monday and 10 mins after, I thought it was negative. Then when I went back about an hour later, there was a faint line. Now today, still no period so tested again. Same thing, after 10mins I thought it was negative. Now I've just gone back 2 hours later and there is definately a line that wasn't there before. Stronger than the line on Monday but the time elapsed was also longer.

So, my question... does a line appear on all tesco tests after a bit of time has elapsed even if it is negative?

Thanks for your help...

Sorry, can't really help as the only times I've used Tesco's own brand, I got a BFP albeit faint but definitely within 10 minutes. Usually the tests say to disregard any lines that appear after the time frame. Would suggest trying a different brand, think First Response are pretty sensitive or get a digi x

The same thing happend to me when I got my BFP in Jan. If I were you I would get a Clearblue Digi, then there will be no doubt, especially if you use your FMU. Good luck x

I have experience of this! I did a test and it was neg, i threw it on the side and carried on putting my shopping away, 15 mins later i picked it up and put it in the bin, and low and behold POSITIVE!

well i wasnt 100% as obviously it had been over 5 mins, so did another test (2 pack test) and waited 15 mins again and POSITIVE.

so i then went a bought a clear blue digi with conception thingy, and i was preg 1-2!

HTH LOL :D

I had a really faint line on a tesco test which got much darker after the 10 minutes, but i didn't believe anything until i'd done a digi, you really cant dispute it, it either says pregnant or not pregnant, no faint lines to interpret
Hope you get the result you want

Thanks for your responses, ladies... I thought you were all going to say they are rubbish but now I'm thinking I should go and buy another brand :) . I'd just got my head around the disappointment of a negative result aswell lol! And still no sign of AF so fingers crossed ... That'll teach me to try and economise :wink: !

Thanks again x

Hi Lis

I bought a tesco one on sunday as I had such bad back pain i thought i might be pregnant. My period was due that day but didnt show. The tesco one only showed a faint positive which didnt show up for at least 5-10 minutes. i did a clearblue digi on tuesday night and it came up pregnant pretty quickly with conception saying 2-3 weeks so not sure tesco ones are v good.

good luck

in every pregnancy i have i used tesco except for the one we mc'd and they all said i was pregnant (i did loads of tests with this one haha) i always thought they were good tests, however it's best to get mabe a clear blue test good luck :hug: :hug:

Must be a common problem then - I used a Tesco's test and like many of you thought it was negative only to open the bin later on in the day to be shown a positive result!!!! :dance:

Wishing you all the best. :hug:

I never knew Tesco sell these! do you find them in big stores only or small ones too?

Well, I've just done a Clearblue digi...

Pregnant 1-2 weeks :dance: :dance:

Tesco tests are officially rubbish!

Thanks, ladies... Hope you all get your BFP soon too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111