Terrified of scan results ...

Dawny

Reaction score
I really need to speak to someone or I think I will drive myself round the bend!! For some reason I have got it in my head that I don’t have a baby growing inside me. I have heard about woman going for their scans and there not being a baby, or the baby having died a few weeks previously and I know my mind is working overtime and I think that is what is going to happen when I go for my scan on Friday :cry: :(

I am really, really scared now! DH would never understand, and I have not told him about my fears, he will just say ‘don’t be daft’ and things like that, which is ok, might snap me out of the fear, but I need reassurance.

I keep telling myself that the hurrendous sickness is a sure sign a baby is there, and the sore boobies is, but then I think but I could be having a phantom pregnancy and all the symptoms but no baby. I just keep going round and round in circles and it is driving me up the wall!!

Anyone else had these fears before their first scan?

Hun the feelings you are having are totaly natural. I told myself at my first scans they werent going to find a baby and I would look like such a fool lol. I was gobsmacked both times when baby came onto the screen. But I think everyone feels like that just before their scan. Its only natrual to be worried. Its a very emotional experience when you first see your little one on the screen. Take looks of tissues and try not to get stressed. Easyer said than done, but im sure everything will be fine. :hug:

As Violet-glow says, it is very natural hun, I think most of us on here have had these fears before our first scan......as for the baby not being alive, this is very rare hun as our bodies have a brilliant way of letting us know when something is wrong, so we would know 9 times out of 10 beforehand!.............it is ALL just natural anxiety hun!

The fact you have sickness and sore bbs, is a great sign....so try to relax and start to look forward to your scan hun!!

Look forward to seeing your scan pics :hug: xx

I've got my scan on monday, and amid the fears of will there even be a baby in there, I am worried they might find 2?!

My OH's mom has 2 sets of twin brothers,and my nan also has 2 sets of twin brothers - my mom says not likely - but I am still worrying, then I worry there really won't be anything there, then back to worrying about twins.

I've decided that it is natural to worry....not that it makes it any easier..... but wanted to let you know that there is someone else out there with the same fears, in fact i'm sure there are plenty!

Not long for you now until you see your LO though x

Dawny I was exactly the same! I couldn't stop being sick and had really sore boobs but couldn't connect this to the fact there was a baby growing inside me! I kept thinking about how unbelieveable it could be that I was pregnant after reading the jouney the sperm has to take and get to the egg at just the right time etc! I also read much too much about what can go wrong and my advice is on't do this!! You would know it if something was wrong! Look forward to Friday, you will be amazed to see your LO on the screen and will be reassured. I hope your sickness stops soon, it really doesn't help the stress.

:hug: Look forward to reading about your scan xx

I was the exact same before i got my foirst scan, thinking i am gonna go to hospital for nothing to show up on the screen, but there it ws, little bean!!

Same for my 2nd scan i thought there was gonna be something wrong!, but yet again things are going great!

I tihnk yo ujust get something into your head and that's it, i think it always helps when you start feeling LO moving around and kicking lumps out of you!

Ull be okay honey we all think stuff like that, its coz we just cant belive we are pregnant!
Its okay hun, chill out and u will see ur lil bubs soon xxx :hug:

hi dawn, i feel exactly the same as you. I've just told everyone at work im pregnant and now im worried that its all in my head! I haven't had the sickness, just really tired and dizzy, if i had been sick i would be more convinced. I'll believe it when i see it for myself! I cant wait for my scan but at the same time im dreading something being wrong. Seems like we all feel the same tho x

Thanks everyone! :hug:

It is such a weird feeling, one minute i am mega excited, not everyday you get to see a baby inside ya! But then the next i am terrified. So glad to know i am not on my own! I thought i was. :(

I have decided not to read anything more on bad things that can happen and to look at other peopels scans and read other peoples TTC and pregnancy stuff. Banish all -ve and think +ve :clap:

Emmylou ~ twins run in my family too, but for some reason i have not worried about that at all :think: :doh:

We will all be fine, all our babies will be tossing and turning doing kartwheels in our bellys when we have our scans :dance:

Everything you far feeling is totally natural.... I was so sure when I went for my first scan that they were going to tell me that I had never been pregnant that when I saw my wee bean on the screen I burst into tears !!!

Relax... Sore boobs and MS are a sure sign that everything is as it should be

im even more nervous as last time i had a missed miscarriage last time when i went for my scan but this time im thinking positive as i have more symptons and my boobs are more sore so just think positive take care hun :) :) :)

my first trimester was hell..i cried and cried cosi had exactly the same thoughts as you do..people were calling me paranoid, speak to your partner i am sure he understands! And as you said read positive things, obviously the little niggles will still be there cos this is maternal insticts and i think we will continue to worry about our children until we die..! So good luck, I am sure you have a little baby in there..and tell us how your scan goes :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back