Terrible headaches.... anyone else suffering???

lozzi

Reaction score
for about 2 weeks now, ive been having terrible headaches. is this pregnancy related is anyone else suffering with it too?

what tablets can i take in pregnancy?

im pretty sure you can take paracetomol but anything else check with your GP. :wall:

Hi Lozzijane

The headaches are caused by a change in hormones. I had them terribly for the first few weeks. You can take paracetamol but not anything else.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Lozzi,

I have had mental headaches, they seemed to have eased off now. I think mine was a combination of pregnancy hormones and coming off my anti-depressants. I just struggled on with it i didnt take anything, just drank lots of fluids.

i had very intense headaches especially at the beginning but they seemed to ease as the time has gone on:)

I also had really bad headaches in the first trimester. I eventually found that it was due to dehydration. I was trying to drink less in the evening so I wouldn't be up for the loo so much overnight, but it was dehydrating my brain making me have headaches like a hangover. So I started drinking more in the evenings, and the headaches lessened, then eventually went completely. I can't remember the last one I had.

Oh, and I have now become an expert in going to the loo with my eyes shut so I don't wake myself up too much!!! :lol:

I have had loads of headaches, I think if I drink any more water I will burst!!

I had a scary moment at work last week as I got a 'focal migraine' Basically I went more or less blind whilst sitting at my desk.

My supervisor took me to the MW as we were worried it could be something to do with my blood pressure. She checked me and my blood pressure was fine so she put it down to my hormones, also I told her that I hadnt been sleeping very well and was feeling drained she said that this could also be contributing to it.

I still just feel drained all the time.... when will it stop??

Ooo, Vix, I sympathise with you completely, as I have suffered with these exact types of migraines for years. They start as if I have been staring at a light bulb and I get a funny out of focus blind-spot. But within 20 minutes, I can't see anything. I take Migraleve when I'm not pregnant and just try and sleep it off with an eye mask on in a dark room. Luckily, I've not had one of these since being pregnant, I'm not sure paracetamol would even touch it.

The good news for you is it does get better, believe me. You will suddenly realise that you haven't felt sick, dizzy, headache, or fallen sleep at your desk for a couple of days! That's the joy of the second trimester. It will come, honest! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back