TENS machines

loz

Reaction score
Hi has anyone got a TENS yet? I was wondering whether to hire one or not. Boots and Tescos both rent one for about £30 for 4 weeks but you have to book them in advance. I havent had any serious pain yet and dont know if it's worth it just for the labour? Has anyone else thought about this?

I bought one from Boots online at the weekend. I plan on having more children and I couldn't be bothered with the 'will it arrive in time?' stress or remembering to return it on time. I got lots of advantage points so it hasn't cost me that much - less than the price of hiring twice.

It hasn't arrived yet so I'll have wait to tell you more about it. I got the Elle one.

Even if the medical theory of it releasing endorphins isn't true (though I assume there wouldn't be antenatal classes on using them if it wasn't) it will give me something to do and focus on - pushing the boost button.

Hi has anyone got a TENS yet? I was wondering whether to hire one or not. Boots and Tescos both rent one for about £30 for 4 weeks but you have to book them in advance. I havent had any serious pain yet and dont know if it's worth it just for the labour? Has anyone else thought about this?

I bought one from Boots online at the weekend. I plan on having more children and I couldn't be bothered with the 'will it arrive in time?' stress or remembering to return it on time. I got lots of advantage points so it hasn't cost me that much - less than the price of hiring twice.

It hasn't arrived yet so I'll have wait to tell you more about it. I got the Elle one.

Even if the medical theory of it releasing endorphins isn't true (though I assume there wouldn't be antenatal classes on using them if it wasn't) it will give me something to do and focus on - pushing the boost button.

The midwife unit are supposed to be lending me one from 36 weeks.

Before I found out I could get one that way I looked into hiring.
I decided against buying one as I'm not planning anymore kids so it would only be used the once.
I've seen online companies that will hire them out for around £20 for 4 weeks and provide freepost packaging to return them without incurring postage costs. Some will give you a free extension if you need it longer if you just call and let them know.

I've never used one myself but I think for the sake of £20 or £30 it is worth a try as some people find them brilliant. One of the health visitors at my antenatal class said she got to 9cm with the tens alone and thought it was amazing. Other people have said they found it annoying and it didn't help.
I think it's just a case of giving it a go and seeing if it works for you.

The midwife unit are supposed to be lending me one from 36 weeks.

Before I found out I could get one that way I looked into hiring.
I decided against buying one as I'm not planning anymore kids so it would only be used the once.
I've seen online companies that will hire them out for around £20 for 4 weeks and provide freepost packaging to return them without incurring postage costs. Some will give you a free extension if you need it longer if you just call and let them know.

I've never used one myself but I think for the sake of £20 or £30 it is worth a try as some people find them brilliant. One of the health visitors at my antenatal class said she got to 9cm with the tens alone and thought it was amazing. Other people have said they found it annoying and it didn't help.
I think it's just a case of giving it a go and seeing if it works for you.

i bought a boots one out of the local paper, a lady had bought one but ended up not using it, its like new and only cost £20 :D

i bought a boots one out of the local paper, a lady had bought one but ended up not using it, its like new and only cost £20 :D

im borrowing one off a friend :cheer:

im not sure how effective it will be , but it'll be free for me so who cares :lol:

im borrowing one off a friend :cheer:

im not sure how effective it will be , but it'll be free for me so who cares :lol:

I bought one (Elle Tens I think) from Amazon as it was £59 and they're going on Ebay for about that much so I can always sell it afterwards (assuming birth is so ridiculously painful I will never want to have any more children...)

Also I have a friend who's due in August so she may rent it off me? Anyway like Kalia I didn't want to faff about remembering to return it, I'm hopeless with things like that.

I bought one (Elle Tens I think) from Amazon as it was £59 and they're going on Ebay for about that much so I can always sell it afterwards (assuming birth is so ridiculously painful I will never want to have any more children...)

Also I have a friend who's due in August so she may rent it off me? Anyway like Kalia I didn't want to faff about remembering to return it, I'm hopeless with things like that.

Hiya
I had a TENS with my last labour and it just made the contractions worse.
Some of my freinds have said the same.

Hiya
I had a TENS with my last labour and it just made the contractions worse.
Some of my freinds have said the same.

My MIL has one for her bad knee and she's said i can borrow it :)
I've heard good things about them!

My MIL has one for her bad knee and she's said i can borrow it :)
I've heard good things about them!

I used one in my first labour (the 45 hour one :lol:) got me through a night of pain but then I kept turning it up - by the time I got to the delivery suite I was sucking on the gas and air becasue of the pain from the TENS as I had turned it up too high :rotfl: :rotfl: was much more comfortable once I had been disconnected :lol:

didnt get time to use it with number 2 - 45 minute labour and forgot with number 3 - have just found it to replace the batteries for this time and realised I had left the originals in and they ahve leaked so not sure if it'll work now anyway even if I do remember to use it

I used one in my first labour (the 45 hour one :lol:) got me through a night of pain but then I kept turning it up - by the time I got to the delivery suite I was sucking on the gas and air becasue of the pain from the TENS as I had turned it up too high :rotfl: :rotfl: was much more comfortable once I had been disconnected :lol:

didnt get time to use it with number 2 - 45 minute labour and forgot with number 3 - have just found it to replace the batteries for this time and realised I had left the originals in and they ahve leaked so not sure if it'll work now anyway even if I do remember to use it

Have a look in ask a mum - someone there can get you the mama-tens to hire for £7 :D It's under the TENS machine thread started by geordie lass if I remember correctly.

Have a look in ask a mum - someone there can get you the mama-tens to hire for £7 :D It's under the TENS machine thread started by geordie lass if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back