TENS machine at Boots

MummyMills

Reaction score
I recently purchased a TENS machine from Boots as I was suffering really badly with lower back pain. It's really helped loads with the back pain & I thought I'd grabbed a bargain as it was half price at only £25 & I thought could use it as early pain relief on the big day but... just realised it says on the box that it's not suitable for use during labour.
Does anyone know why this is? Is it just Boots trying to con me into shelling out a fortune to buy/rent a machine specifically for use during labour or could it cause problems if I do use it?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_detai ... id=1046392

I just don't know!

Yeah my mum was looking at one that says the same, i was wondering if there are ones specific for labour? :think:

Owww u are supposed to know I was just about to ask this as my mum is getting one from LLoyds Pharmacy only £15 but it says not suttible is labour as I was going to borrow it :x :x lol

Ill keep an eye on this post

xx

Im Glad You Asked That Because Iv Just Got One & It Says The Same...

I bought one of the Lloyds one too. I reckon they say this because they have to cover their backs! I'll ask my MW next appointment to make sure, but I reckon one tens machine does the same thing as another.

Intrigued by this statement I went looking on the internet for a tens machine... and there seems to be two distinct types... obstetric and back pain... The back pain one, seems to have these tiny electro pad, but the obstetric ones are much larger.... Other than that, only the ones for back pain state that they can't be used in labour and the obstetric ones say you can't use them until you are 36 weeks pg anyways... I dunno...

I really want one... I wanted one when I had Tia, but I don't think Spanish midwives would approve though :think: They don't even believe in gas and air or epidurals. :roll:

Squiglet said:
I really want one... I wanted one when I had Tia, but I don't think Spanish midwives would approve though :think: They don't even believe in gas and air or epidurals. :roll:

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh :shock:

Not sure if this is true but I asked my midwife why it says "not suitable for use in labour" and she told me why... are you ready... you're not gonna like it...

she says it's not strong enough!!!!

I was like, well have you tried it coz when that machine is a full pelt, it has got a real kick to it & she said, yeah, well try being in labour love!!

My husband put it on his leg last week as he suffers quite badly with Restless Leg Syndrome sometimes and I cranked it up to full power. Well, talk about funny, he was dancing & hopping round the lounge begging me to turn it off... :rotfl: ... and aparrently that's not strong enough!

OMG, what have we got ourselves in for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back