Temperature Help Please!!!

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Angel's been under the weather all day, but i just put it down to her cutting teeth.
But this afternoon she's been getting warmer. I've given her calpol as i thought it would help her teeth.

I've just checked her temperature as she seems so hot and it was 39.2!!!
I've stripped her down and put just a vest on now, and will check again in a few minutes, but what else can i do for her? She's whimpering or crying constantly. Eaten no solids today, just a but of boob, and won't touch her beaker. And she's been so sleepy. Had 4 naps today as opposed to the usual one 10minute nap at 4pm!!!

Is this just teething or does it sound like a bug?

Teething wouldn't make her temperature go that high hun. Becky had the exact same temperature on Boxing Day (spooky!) and has spent the last week in misery with a cold and had had a terrible cough for the last week. We also gave her a bath as normal that evening and the poor thing couldn't warm up after. Hopefully the calpol will help, we found nurofen helped too. As she'd had the cough for the best part of a fortnight we took her to the doc who said there's a horrible viral thing sort of halfway between a cold and the flu going round and it was probably that.

If you're worried call NHS direct. Really hope she feels better soon :hug: :hug:

I think i overheard last night that my nephews had been a bit poorly, but i also heard that they were messing more nappies, which she isn't. She's dealt with teething so well as i hadn't known they were there til she cheekily bit me the other morning.
This is just today it's started, but besides not eating and the fact she is asleep yet again, she's been sort of her normal self. It was a give-away that she wasn't normal was when she let me change her nappy without rolling over and up on her knees before doing the next one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back