Telly

Hannah has kids programms on all day while she is running around

I have it on far too much but I have to get things done sometimes.
I do feel bad sometimes but I cant play all day or the house would fall apart.

cbeebies is on all day in the background if something catched the kids eye (balamory telletubies bear in blue house) they will dit and watch it.

Joe hates the bear. The bottom lip trembles when he sees it.

oh good braydon has it on for 2 hours in the afternoon - morning is activity time. and then he is only watching it occasionally
my family was telling me i let him watch it to much

Brody has no interest in it whatsoever, he's too busy trashing the place! Sometimes I wish he would sit for a few minutes but he won't, so I have the radio on and he'll dance from time to time instead :lol:

Lewis loves everything on cbeebies! Usually have cbeebies on for a couple of hours in the morning whilst he is playing
Think he watches it a bit too much though as we switched it on yesterday and he only had to hear big cook bens voice and he started saying 'big cook,little cook! :D

lauramumof2 said:
Joe hates the bear. The bottom lip trembles when he sees it.

hahaha thats so funny

when Dior was a baby i bought her a huge telletubie teddie she was soooooo scared

when my sister was 3 she was soooooooooo scared of Mr blobby remeber him?
she cryed every time

a neighbours child had one on the window sill jade wouldnt go into the garden and screamed she could see it mum knocked the door and had to explain :lol:

We have Cbeebies on for about half an hour in the morning and then about an hour in the afternoon and that is about it. Emma isn't very interested in watching it at the moment.

James is starting to outgrow Cbeebies. I am totally gutted cos I love Balamory and the Night Garden (how cute is Macker Quacker?!)

He's really into the Tom and Jerry cartoons on Boomerang now.

He watches about 1/2 to 1 hour in th morning whilst eating his breakfast, before nursery. On the days where he finishes nursery in the afternoon he watches about 2-3 hours, though we usually play lego together at the same time as watcing the tv. He also watches a lot of kids DVDs. Cars, Flushed Away, Happy Feet and Over the Hedge are current favourites.

I do have to be strict with him cos he'd sit there all day if I let him!

Hi

Urchin Kiara is the same she cant sit still to watch anything :lol: i put the music channel on though so she can dance
Katrina

Erin is just 2 and she doesn't watch CBeebies or anything much. She's far too interested in her Tractor Tom DVDs! She really would sit there all day if allowed to. Admittedly she does play with her Little People sets and isn't goggle-watching, but it's one of the first things she asks for in the morning.

That said, if I say no, she doesn't press the issue and instead amuses herself for hours on end or we do activities, play or crafts or even dancing together, so I think she has a reasonably good balance.

We have cbeebies on most of the day but they probally only watch an hour or 2. Aimee loves balamory and 'come out side'. Nathan loves 'in the night garden' and the good night song ,me too cos it means Aimee goes bed!

Sarah&Braydon said:
How much telly does ur children watch in a day??/

next to nothing. mine are all too busy doing other things like playing outside or playing teachers/ writing/colouring etc.

its hard to get them to watch a film all the way through - they get bored watching tv.

Lydia doesn't watch telly, but I do put on her Pocoyo dvds every morning whilst we eat breakfast - so for about an hour or so.

That's all though.

It used to be none but recently I have been putting on the Sing and Sign Video which lasts about 20 mins on after he's had breakfast while I wash up, have a cup of coffee and wake up a bit! He runs in and signs at me or sings a bit and then runs in again to watch it- he knows it so well he makes the noises that the babies make in the video!

+++

Good topic Sarah.... i always think i have it on too much as im getting so fat and lazy now i just cant play with her much.
Aimee is obsessed by books so we sit and read them lots but i put tv on in the morning while i have a shower and get dressed for about 45mins then again for another hour around tea time. She loves the night garden.
she also likes the baby einstein dvd's and brainy baby
i also play a music cd to dance to.

My little lad doesn't bother about the tv, more of a back ground noise to him, will watch Thomas in the morning and sunny patch, but otherwise, he has no interest! (Feeewwwww) Likes adverts, like hastings, or any for insurance!, maybe he is dropping hints that he is going to break something! My little lad will be a MTV dancer, loves singing to Umbrella or anything by MIKA or Justin Timberlake. :dance:

Isaac loves adverts but shows no interest yet in any kids programmes. He will watch his Eric Carle dvd if he is in the mood. Hungry caterpillar only though. In the mornings I have the tv on in the kitchen and now and then something will grab his attention, usually Big Brother or Frasier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back