Telling work.....

Asd1

Reaction score
Well I finally told my family and friends on Saturday but when do I tell work as I'm still on probation untill early September I don't especially like my job but I don't want to lose that income just yet either. I think if I tell them they will make an excuse of some sort to just get rid of me. Iv never done anything wrong in my job and never been late plus my first review was quite positive. I know I don't have many rights as they could just let me go at any point anyway but I want to keep my job for a little while as we are trying to buy a new house and even tho my partner has always paid the mortgage and bills it's easyer to get a mortgage on two peoples income. I'm very lucky really as oh is getting a pay rise this year wich would mean I don't have to go back to work after the baby but for the meantime I need that income! When is the latest I have to tell work by ? As I hope I can just wait it out till then

By law its
"You do not have to let your employer know you are pregnant until the 15th week prior to the week your baby is due. This is called the notification week. Work this out by going to the Sunday before your due date (or staying with that date if your baby is due on a Sunday) and counting back another 15 weeks."

Like my last pg I wount tell my emplyeer until my 12 week scan is due, although I do know some people who've waited until after the 20th 9how they hid their bump I dont know!)

Hey hun I am due the week after u and I have ro tell my emplyer by the 16th of sept ao you will nees to tell ur employer before the 9th of sept.

According to the Boot/Avent pregnancy planner that I downloaded from the boots parenting club website yesterday you have to tell them by week 24 of your pregnancy. Remember though, you'll have to be taking time off for scan's and appointments a long time before then, and it's better they know sooner rather than later if there is any health and safety considerations to be met (my OH's colleague needed a different chair to sit at her desk for instance as she was really squashing her bump on her old chair).

I dont work myself so isnt an issue for me, but when does my partner need to tell his work by? Obviously he will be wanting paternity leave, unless baby comes over christmas x

He also needs to let them know by the 15th week before you baby is due

My partner is telling his as soon as we get our scan through as am i. Just cuz then we can both relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back