Bloated & other Symptoms after MC??

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've just gone back to work after a mc on 13th oct, and thought I was ok, but today I realise I'm a total wreck!!!! I have horrible symptoms like bloated tummy, enlarged chest (but not tender!!?), feeling very very like I have severe pmt!!!! I broke down in tears (luckily it was on my way home from work, and not infront of anyone!), just feel like a jibbering wreck!!

Work keeps my mind off things, but I find myself drifting into a trance every now and again, gazing out the window thinking of the miscarraige, when and if I can get pregnant again etc etc etc.....

Did anyone else experience these symptoms after a miscarraige, and do they subside??!! I am expecting my period in the next few days (it will be 4 weeks since mc this thursday), so maybe that has something to do with feeling like I have pmt??

xxx

hi hun i didnt have anything like that but i did get bad spotty greasy skin, spots all over my chest and back, also very emotional and distracted, i had 3 weeks off work and it felt like time had stopped i felt dead inside. Remember your hormones take a while to calm dow hunny your body has been though so much. I am finding that only just now nearly 2 months after my MC on 9th sept am i getting back to normal...sorrt of.

These things take time hun, so give yourself some time to come to terms and rest yourself xxxxx

Considering over the past 6 months I have spent most of my time recovering from miscarriages I should be able to answer this?

I know my skin is awful after each loss and of course my emotions are very extreme. I have been at work through each M/c (my choice - staying at home on my own would have allowed me too much time to dwell on it all and would not have been beneficial - oddly each M/C occured at the weekend as well??) BUT I have had to confide in one colleague as sometimes it is just too much,

My colleague took one look at me last Tuesday and said "you were pregnant again weren't you?" :shock:

Physically I was actually OK, I bled for a long time though after M/c # 1 and it just kind of became my way of life.

I manage to hold myself together for the most part but my poor OH does bear the brunt of it (I started a thread yesterday saying how crap he has been but really he has been amazing when I think about it) I can rush through 5 different emoptions is the space of a minute. I am also very angry at the moment.

Karolina, it sounds as though it is hormones. Hopefully once you have that first period your body will settle down?

Don't ever feel guilty or silly for feeling sad though!

Also maybe start logging dates / symptoms so you can track things. I always find it quite helpful to do this and you cans tart to pick out any patterns.

Although hopefully you are in Tri 1 vry soon of course!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have the spotty back, chest thing too :(:( My tummy had gone down this morn, but is all bloated again this evening :( It's exactly like it went when I was actually pregnant. I don't have sore breasts, they are just rather swollen and sort of fluidy if that makes sense lol Really dont know whats going on, but yeah I'm thinking it must be the effects of hormones going haywire!!!!! I certainly feel all over the place emotionally!!! :(;(;(

xxxx

Hi Karolina, I've been wondering how you are doing, I was chatting to you a few weeks back. I had a mmc the same time as you. I've been okay gettin on with it..trying not to think and dwell on the what ifs, trying to be and stay positive, I'd been doing pretty well until Monday which made it exactly a month since I found out about the mmc, was down all day then that night I started crying and didn't stop for about 3 hrs, was like my heart was broken allover again, even yesterday I found myself teary all day...its so hard. Since the mc I find it really hard to take joy in the things I used to enjoy. On top of that I now find myself desperate to conceive again but have absolutely no sign of AF wish it would come soon. I think my MW was right when she said I probably won't feel okay again till I get pregnant again. Please God let it be soon, if u want to chat u can pm me. Wishing us both luck Xx

Hi Ker!

Sorry you have been having a tough time :( It really is'nt easy is it? Just when you think your ok, it all hits you when you don't expect it. I know how you feel, I too have been feeling crappy recently :(. I think we just have to expect the ups and downs after a miscarraige, and when you feel awful, don't beat yourself up about it, just take it easy. I find that doing something I enjoy, like watching a film, treating myself to new clothes etc, helps perk me up a bit when I've hit rock bottom. You have to be kind to yourself at those times, and don't feel bad for treating yourself, you deserve it :)
I returned to work last friday after 4 weeks off, and thought I was ready, but things just seem to have gone downhill since :( On my first day back, my manager took me aside to do a return to work interview, and the first thing she said was 'so how far on where you?' , she then went on to tell me to 'keep on practising'. Then she went on to comment on how many people in the office we're getting pregnant. I think she just didn't know what to say really, and came out with all the wrong things!!! Then my colleague who I'd told about the m/c, started telling me all about how her pregnancy was going!! I felt so awful, but just had to keep smiling. On top of it all, I have been feeling really bloated and hormonal lately!! Expecting my period anyday, but no sign of it yet.
I know what you mean about wanting to conceive right away, I feel that urge so much more than ever now. My hubby and I have got 'carried away' on a few occasions since the mc, but I don't think I have conceived :( I guess it will happen when our bodies are ready and recovered after the m/c.

I hope you feel better soon...things will get better!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back