• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

telling work?

nmf1987

Reaction score
so i found out lat friday and have been umming and arhing when to tell work. i have only just started (3 weeks) but have visited the branch i am going to work in and the manager is a ********. he has already been very rude to me etc when i popped in. i dont know whether i am now best to tell them early as i don't want to get stressed out etc and have potential problems. my job also requires some heavy lifting.

anyone got any advice?

thanks

nadia xxxx:wall2:

I think if your job involves some heavy lifting then you will definitely have to tell them ASAP - you will need a pregnancy risk assessment doing. My bosses are horrible too, but at the end of the day you are protected by law so as much as they may not like it, they need to be careful about how they act. Hope it all goes okay for you xx

I would tell them sooner rather than later, as they'll have to move you to less heavy duties!

Good luck!

x

Where on earth are you starting work?

I'd tell them when you start. If they even try to dismiss you or anything, you can sue em :) xxxx

Like the other ladies have said, you need to tell them asap because of the heavy duties.
Hope it goes well.

I would tell them ASAP if your job involves heavy duties. x :)

thanks all. im going to tell them monday.
xxx

Good Luck for Monday! I've got to tell my boss on Monday too- so nervous and don't know why- feels like admitting to something v.naughty! I know it's ridiculous to feel apologetic for being pregnant and do feel incredibly blessed, but when it comes to telling work... gulp! xx

yeah i know how you feel helen. just feel really worried as only been there 3 weeks. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back