Telling the GP....told my GP today

katietateypot

Reaction score
We are not so much as ttc but more taking contraception away. (in my mind we are ttc just taking stress of hubs) :)

Do we have to tell the GP, i hear alot of women informing their doctor and maybe getting information on getting pregnant? is this worth doing?
My periods have been very irregular since march/april coming between every 21-35 days :roll: Not sure if a trip to the doctors may help just to get things checked out :eh:

Did any of you girls tell you doctor when you started ttc?

Last edited:
Hiya, i was going to tell my doctor because i wanted a smear before falling pregnant but then i had some problems and had one anyway. I spoke tothe nurse when i had my last injection telling her it would probably be my last and we had a little chat about ttc

I have a general health review on tuesday as i have some health problems which i am pretty sure wont be a major concern with my next pregnancy as it wasn't with my last.

I will maybe mention it at my health review and go from there then :)

Yeah u might aswell mention it, it won't do any harm :)

I went to my GP earlier this week as we are going to start TTC in December.

He's arranged for me to have a pre pregnancy blood test and gave me lots of info etc.

Also I like that it's in my notes that we're planning it etc. :)

We've started our vitamins (pre natal for me and zinc for DH) so we want to have a few months of those before TTC so they have time to be more beneficial. Dr said that's a good idea. :)

Good luck. Xx

i never even thought of anything pre-pregnancy!
My daughter was a lovely surprise so this is all very new.
Will speak my my GP next week and see what she has to say :)

Cupcake your doc sounds very helpful. My docs are lovely but when I went along to say we were trying they looked at me as if to say "and ....". I did have my blood pressure taken and a bit of a health MOT, then she said to start taking folic acid and good luck.

Good luck Katie (I'm also a Katie ;)

xx

I made an appt. to see the nurse last week, just to have it my file I guess and to ask for general advice. She took my blood pressure, and such - so I'm happy I've been.

I agree Lou I felt better it was on my record. It was also handy because they double check any medication now to make sure it doesn't hurt anyone in tri 1. I also feel like i can go back with any concerns as they know we're trying xx

Yes that's another thing.

It was good to get my IBS medicine checked and it's all safe for pregnancy. :)

Hey hun, hows things? Did you speak with your GP? Hope all's well x

My appointment is tomorrow so will be speaking to her then about it.
I take long term anti-biotics and aspirin so i know they need to know especially with the aspirin! plus i want advice and help! :)
Hope all is going well with you! xxx

Hey hun, yeah all's good, on cd6 so will start opk soon :) Hope all goes well with your appointment xxx

Last edited:
HI :wave:

had my appointment this afternoon and it went quite well :)

I had some bloods taken a while ago to see if there was a reason my periods had suddenly gone irregular and i got the results today as there was no urgency. They tested my hormone levels and each one came back PERFECT! i went for the bloods sort of in the middle of my cycle and they show that my levels increase so i am definately ovulating which is a good thing to know.

The GP said because of them being irregular to test for ovulation but its not necessary for me to start taking vitamins just eat healthy and exercise so saved me some pennies there, i had already ordered ovulations tests and cheap pregnancy tests though :)

Happy all seems ok for the time being :)
Just can't wait to have a good go next month now :lol:

:dust::dust::dust:

Thats great news hun get some practice in with the :bd: ing lol fx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111