Telling people

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Hi girls -

Just wondering - who have you guys told? I know I've not even been to the doctor yet (that's tomorrow) but was wondering. I have told my sister, OH has told his mother - and that is all for now. However, my SIL lives next door to me and we go out walking and chat most days. We are very good friends and she has followed all my trials over the last year and a half, and we were very close during her first pregnancy (her daughter is 3 months old now). While realising that telling half the world is unwise after last time and how difficult it is (as OH says) to "un-tell" people if anything happens, I can't help feeling cheated of a little excitement. Plus I'm afraid my SIL will be upset if I don't share as we knew almost the moment she had a BFP and the same with me in the last pregnancy.

What do you guys think? Tell her and swear her to secrecy? I know she doesn't share confidences.

Sue

Hi Sue :wave:

And congratulations..really happy for you.

Personally I think everybody is different..but I am sticking to not telling a soul until 12 week scan..purely because we have two other children..that would be really confused should something godforbid happen..and I too feel safer waiting until then.

But each to their own..Im sure you SIL would completly understand should you not tell until then.

Take care

Larax

Hi Sue,

I think you should go with your instincts. We have only told both sets of parents, my auntie (who im really close to) and my son's nanny! The reason I told my nanny is cos she is one of my best friends and I wanted someone else to talk to it about other than DH and my mum.

We havent told my brother, or DH's brother or anyone else. We have sweared everyone to secrecy, only cos last time the whole town knew by the time I was about 8 weeks cos we told everyone so early, but I dont want to do that this time just incase! Being more cautious this time I suppose.

If you want to tell your SIL Sue then go for it, sometimes its nice to have someone to talk to it about, as long as your sure she wont tell everyone then I think you will be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back