• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Telling people...

I think most people in a situation like that will find it more upsetting to find out later that you couldn't tell them becuase of their situation. They might find it painful but I think would rather know than feel like your happiness was affected if that makes sense.

It's very difficult, but I think it's best to tell her sooner rather than later. Because we were having fertility treatment and had been trying for 3 years, people tip-toed round me a lot and when I got married in October one of my husband's friend's girlfriends dropped out and didn't come at the last minute, saying she was ill. I found out later (much much later, like two weeks ago) it was because she was 5 months pregnant and didn't want to upset me. I found it a lot more upsetting that everyone was keeping their happy news from me, it made me feel all lonely and like an outsider. She might want to have a little cry when she first finds out, but then I'm sure she'll be glad you told her and will be dead chuffed for you. It just hurts a bit at first because it reminds you so much of what you want, but can't have.

Niblet, see previous posts. I did tell her and she was fine about it.

She even brought me flowers :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Aww, I know! That's lovely! I was replying to Fairy.

that's ok budda, don't forget we can blame it all on pregnant brain now :rotfl:

Thanks for your advice, I will tell her next week after my scan, i might send a msg(shes not like a best friend, friend)some one at work. I work in a school so we are on half term next week so i wont see her so will have to be a msg. I feel better expressing how i feel in a message.
At the end of the day she will find out so best to be the first to find out at work then pounce on her after half term shoving a pic in her face.
Yes i will do that :? ...deep breath i can do it!
Whatever her reaction is , will be, i cant change the way she feels.
Thanks everyone

I think you've hit the nail on the head there fairy. A message means she can sit there and cry, or scream or whatever without upsetting you or embarrassing herself. Plus she's not caught off guard by a cute scan pic in front of all her colleagues.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back