Tell me what to do girls!

Cherry.Glitter

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I had my scan and was super excited about finding out the sex of LO - everything was perfect but it was typical that the little bugger had his/her legs closed.

I was a bit disappointed so after speaking to my midwife and being told that I would not be given another scan on the basis of finding out the sex, I decided to get over it and forget it....until today!

I am in 2 minds whether to get a private scan to find out the sex of the baba, I had gotten used to the idea of not knowing but it pees me off walking around mothercare not knowing where to start - neutral stuff is not doing it for me.

I know this is a totally selfish thread as as long as LO is okay then that's all that matters, but I'm so bloody impatient and really want to know. I feel guilty for wanting to find out but then annoyed that I don't know. OH doesn't mind either way and gave me the "I don't care, do what makes you happy" speech...way to sit on the fence mate!

Just tell me what to do girls!

Last edited:
I would be like you, I just had to know and would have paid for a scan if needed. Your not selfish just impatient like me :-D

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

for me I just couldnt wait and evan had a private gender scan at 16 weeks and also got told at my 20 week scan was a girl it makes it more easy for buying stuff and i like knowing my baby is a girl

This is totally me! I had 2 scans a week apart and baby wasn't playing at all!

We were going to have a private scan but the place is quite a distance away and we don't drive so it would've been a train journey. It wasn't the money for the scan, or even the hour and a half train journey that put me off - it was the thought that baby could be curled up again and I'd have to go all the way back!

So we're now (very impatiently) waiting until LO is here.

I think you know deep down what your gonna do...get it booked! Xx

Same thing happened to me and we really wanted to know the sex so I booked a private gender scan and found out we was having a girl. x

I'd have to know!! I couldn't cope not knowing!!
Go ahead...book ur scan lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I had to find out aswell, luckily he didn't mind showing his bits off so we could see he was a boy. He just ddin't want to show anything else so i still have to go back for another scan next week!!! :D

I wanted to know aswell, but babys legs were crossed, and when it finally uncrossed them the.cord was there!

It bugged me for weeks, but the further along I got the more excited I was about not knowing xx

I am SO glad I didn't Xxx if you can hack it, I'd stay team yellow, its so lovely having the wee surprise and a wee baba! Xx
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I know how hard it is to resist finding out as it is soo exciting, but I would definitely recommend staying team yellow if you can. With only 7 weeks to go now, I'm soo pleased we waited, and it just makes the whole giving birth thing seem so much more exciting!
With regard to clothes, it depends how much you want to buy before baby arrives, we have only bought the essentials, and then after baby is here we're going shopping, which I'm soo excited about! x

I had to know so i could plan and buy. Team yellow just didn't spiral to me at all. Go for it!!!

i had to know for piece of mind x

i've had three scans now (last one on friday) and still no idea! our LO has cord between its legs - was scanned by the consultant in fetal medicine and in the end she said it was stressing baby out by prodding so much - so that made me feel better about not knowing, as i'd hate to think LO distressed just because i need to know.
although neutral stuff is still pants!!! good luck hun xxx

I'm firmly team yellow, but if I was wanting to find out and didn't get to I would not be able to stop thinking about it. I'd be straight on the phone to book a gender scan!
You sound like you want to book one so go for it then you can be straight down to mothercare for a shopping spree!
xx

I had 3 scans until now and the baby had its legs crossed and closed every single time :shock: I will try one more time in my appointment next week and if not then team yellow I suppose forced by attitude lol...
I like most of the neutral stuff and I don't want to buy outfits in newborn anyway as they will outgrow those way too fast...
If team yellow I will buy a girly and a boyish costume for the way home trip and that's all :)
It makes it a little more difficult with nursery decoration etc but I am pretty sure that the baby couldn't care less about the nursery color and wall stickers actually lol...

I did it! I have booked a private scan with Babybond for saturday - thanks everyone :D just hope he/she behaves this time!

To the ladies of team yellow, fair play to you! You all have way more willpower than I will ever have!

Last edited:
Cool! Look forward to knowing what colour you'll be on Saturday :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back